Does anybody have NFL Sunday Ticket to go?

BuffaloBill

Before I sign up I just want to see if anybody has any opinions. For me the biggest downside is likely to be that I can't hit pause or record the game on the DVR. I am also wondering how much broadband it absorbs. I've got cable broadband and can hook into Ethernet in the house ... Skipping wireless if I need to. What say you?

Before I sign up I just want to see if anybody has any opinions. For me the biggest downside is likely to be that I can't hit pause or record the game on the DVR. I am also wondering how much broadband it absorbs. I've got cable broadband and can hook into Ethernet in the house ... Skipping wireless if I need to. What say you?

I had it last year and used it a couple of times when I was at the in-laws. They have crappy broadband because they live in the middle of nowhere but I was able to watch the games just fine.

Wireless should be fine for you as well since broadband is generally MUCH slower than your in-house wireless network will be.

Like you direcTV doesn't work at my house. Watched almost all games last year. Occasional skips but mostly ok. Week 1 always sucks. Vid quality is like watching on YouTube. Can watch via iPhone in a pinch.

Like you direcTV doesn't work at my house. Watched almost all games last year. Occasional skips but mostly ok. Week 1 always sucks. Vid quality is like watching on YouTube. Can watch via iPhone in a pinch.

That's a good point about week 1 -- since DirecTV usually gives that week away to everyone for free, everyone is online trying it out and they can't handle it. Not sure why they insist on providing it every year to everyone. :oops:

Thanks for the comments .. I am likely to try it though I will keep in lmind week 1 I need to be at Arne game or at a sports bar. I am worried that video quality will be poor. I hate having a big screen to watch you tube quality video.

Thanks for the comments .. I am likely to try it though I will keep in lmind week 1 I need to be at Arne game or at a sports bar. I am worried that video quality will be poor. I hate having a big screen to watch you tube quality video.

It hurts to have an HDTV and watch pixellated video.

I've never watched the games on a TV - when I stream it, it's always been to a nice 17" or 24" monitor. I blow it up to full screen and it looks nice. Not sure what it would look like on a larger screen though.

I can't make myself pony up the cash for Sunday Ticket. But I do get NFL Rewind for $40.

PTR

I haven't called this year but I don't think I've ever paid over 200 bucks for Sunday Ticket. I used to always call and act like I was going to cancel it because I couldn't afford it (even though if it came down to it I'd pay whatever I had to in order to get my Bills games). When I told my buddy how I got the discount, he just called DTV and said "hey my friend told me he's getting Sunday Ticket for X price, I want that too" and they gave it to him. So now I don't make up some fake sob story about falling on hard times I just say tell them I have a friend whose getting a discounted rate. I've NEVER paid full price for Sunday Ticket except for the first couple of years when the price was like $150.

I got the Sunday Ticket To Go last year.

It’s overpriced. The picture quality is poor. It cuts out on you sometimes right in the middle of the game for several minutes at a time. There were several games where they didn’t have the links set up properly at game time, so I’d miss kickoff and sometimes even a good chunk of the first quarter. When I called their customer service for help, I was told there was nothing they could do about it and that their policy is to give absolutely no refunds or discounts at all.

And I’ll probably get it again this year.

I got the Sunday Ticket To Go last year.

It’s overpriced. The picture quality is poor. It cuts out on you sometimes right in the middle of the game for several minutes at a time. There were several games where they didn’t have the links set up properly at game time, so I’d miss kickoff and sometimes even a good chunk of the first quarter. When I called their customer service for help, I was told there was nothing they could do about it and that their policy is to give absolutely no refunds or discounts at all.

And I’ll probably get it again this year.

ouch that is pretty basic functionality .... my back up is to attend at the Bills Backers bar but I enjoy having the opportunity to elect to watch the game at home.

I have a friend who's a Broncos fan and lives here (in Pittsburgh), and he uses slingbox, syncing up with a friend in Denver. He swears by it; have you considered that?

I some family in Syracuse that I've considered doing this with. Can anyone from Syracuse tell me if the Bills are always on there, or do they often show the Jets/Giants instead?

I was unable to find any current info on DirecTV's website about this year's Sunday Ticket To Go service, so I emailed them. Here's the response I got...

For your reference, non-DIRECTV customers can get NFL Sunday Ticket on their PC/Mac and mobile phone if they can't get DIRECTV at their current address. Please note that updates for 2011 season will be available closer to the start of the season. Please stay tuned and visit DIRECTV.com/sundayticketspecial for more information.

Edited by gringo starr

I was unable to find any current info on DirecTV's website about this year's Sunday Ticket To Go service, so I emailed them. Here's the response I got...

For your reference, non-DIRECTV customers can get NFL Sunday Ticket on their PC/Mac and mobile phone if they can't get DIRECTV at their current address. Please note that updates for 2011 season will be available closer to the start of the season. Please stay tuned and visit DIRECTV.com/sundayticketspecial for more information.

Thanks - I've not called yet.