WSOP

ricojes

Did anyone watch the WSOP live episodes? What did you think? Personally, I didn't care for them. Although some of the pro's insights were very good at times, it was just brutal to watch. Poker isn't the most exciting game in the world, especially if you're not playing, so watching some dude wait 10 minutes to make a decision just isn't good TV. On that topic, Does anyone know the number of players remaining when the tables start to deal hand for hand? Everyone could just stall if they let it go too low, but not sure what the cutoff is...

Edited by ricojes

It sucked, you are correct about the players insight though. I have no problem watching the hole hand and in between IF I can see their cards. It was extremely boring, no fluidity. And Norm Chad needs to be let go. He is atrocious....

It sucked, you are correct about the players insight though. I have no problem watching the hole hand and in between IF I can see their cards. It was extremely boring, no fluidity. And Norm Chad needs to be let go. He is atrocious....

I understand why they're doing it. Now that they have the big final table showdown in November, it's easy to study players styles during the tournament, so they only show the hole cards if there's a flop. Maybe they'll air the whole edited version after the winner is determined and Norm will have time to craft his jokes, he is brutal and even more so live...

A little late on this but I thought the live coverage was awesome. You get to really see what happens, as opposed to only watching a few critical hands. I understand it may not always be thrilling television but it gave you a much better feeling for the game. Much more analysis than humor. I hope it is just the start.

As for the original question, I believe the start playing hand for a hand a few players from the money. I don't know what the exact number this year was but I'm guessing somewhere between 5 and 10 players from the money. Bubble play is very interesting to watch, shorts stacks trying to survive and big stacks trying to punish.

And for the Norman Chad fans, the traditional coverage will be back as well.

One question I did have, was what else does ESPN have to show at this time? I mean it is ESPN2 in the middle of the summer, no college sports, nothing much else going on. I thought it was good for all.