New Turf

I don't want to read into something that isn't there, but why would the Bills purchase a new turf with only a 12 Year life span? How long was the prior turf used??

Wait, just read that the prior turf was installed in 2003. For the money that's spent on it, you'd think they'd last longer. For those that still think that Ralph & the Bills don't spend money, they could've stuck with turf for longer periods but they seem to go for the latest & greatest.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

I don't want to read into something that isn't there, but why would the Bills purchase a new turf with only a 12 Year life span? How long was the prior turf used??

About 8 years and by all accounts it was seemly at the end of its life span.

From the article in the previous thread:

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article416719.ece

"The Bills were not dissatisfied with the stadium's current surface, Berchtold said. "It was simply that we have played eight seasons on the current turf and it has reached its life expectancy."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Wait, just read that the prior turf was installed in 2003. For the money that's spent on it, you'd think they'd last longer. For those that still think that Ralph & the Bills don't spend money, they could've stuck with turf for longer periods but they seem to go for the latest & greatest.

I think the county paid for the turf, not ralph. He doesn't own the stadium, just plays there rent free.

I think the county paid for the turf, not ralph. He doesn't own the stadium, just plays there rent free.

That's right.

Just read that the cost was $180K which actually sounds pretty good for a 12 year life expectancy.