Gailey makes ESPN list of Best Coaches

F#+@ yeah, I'm with you Senator. DW will help right the defensive ship and gailey will continue to improve that offence. Optimism all the way.

We always start the season 1-5 since we never beat the Patriots, rarely beat the Jets anymore and we seem to split the series with Miami. At the best 2-4. Meaning we'd have to go 9-1 or 8-2 the rest of the way to even make the playoffs. Not happening.

Chan has done GREAT GREAT things with this offense but this defense is FAR away from where they need to be.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always start the season 1-5 since we never beat the Patriots, rarely beat the Jets anymore and we seem to split the series with Miami. At the best 2-4. Meaning we'd have to go 9-1 or 8-2 the rest of the way to even make the playoffs. Not happening.

Chan has done GREAT GREAT things with this offense but this defense is FAR away from where they need to be.

Yeah I know. The offence has a way to go as well. IMO, while the playoffs might still be a year away the bills will be in the "mathematical" hunt towards the end of the season. Hopefully they'll suprise. Either way, I'm still going to remain optimistic.

Go Chan

Go Bills.

You are joking right? If that is a fact then why did nobody want him in the NFL for the past decade, and even he was surprised when the Bills came calling-when they ran out of all other options. Now, I hope he turns this thing around as much as anyone, but you are sounding ridiculous with that statement.

Bills fans are a strange breed, If this team hired them then they must be good...

.....at least until they get run them out of town after 3-5 losing seasons :lol:

Bills fans are a strange breed, If this team hired them then they must be good...

.....at least until they get run them out of town after 3-5 losing seasons :lol:

1st season, Backup QB, a group of no name WR's, inexperienced O-line, yet somehow Gailey manages to show us more Offensive Explosion/Bang for the buck, then we have seen in years.

With any kind of Defense at all Buffalo's record could just as easily been 8-8. How often does a Ray Lewis led Defense get smacked in the face like the Buffalo Bills smacked them last season?

This Bills football team is finally headed in the right direction in my opinion.

Thanks In big part to Chan Gailey...

Edited by Fig Newton

1st season, Backup QB, a group of no name WR's, inexperienced O-line, yet somehow Gailey manages to show us more Offensive Explosion/Bang for the buck, then we have seen in years.

With any kind of Defense at all Buffalo's record could just as easily been 8-8. How often does a Ray Lewis led Defense get smacked in the face like the Buffalo Bills smacked them last season?

This Bills football team is finally headed in the right direction in my opinion.

Thanks In big part to Chan Gailey...

With this post you just reinforced how bad Chan Gailey is at building a team and how good Fitz was working with a bunch of nobody's

IT WAS ALL FITZ!!!!!!!!! Ryan Fitzpatrick saved Chan Gaileys ass last season, Gailey put it all on the QB's shoulders with virtually no upgrades for the offense in the draft or free agency, and although Fitz played well in some games, he also fell on his face in others.Try and understand it was all Fitz in his ability to get the ball out of his hands in 3 seconds or under, then he would locate the proper open receiver and hit him with the ball. GUESS WHAT, SSDY, same shiet...different year. The Bills didn't upgrade any part of the offense in the draft this year, and I doubt they will in free agency either. The team is going to start this season with the same scrubs at RT that they picked up off the street last year.

Did Chan Gailey help Brian Brom or Trent Edwards at all? ...answer NO! .... COACHING FAILURE

Did Chan Gailey start Ryan Fitzpatrick at the beginning of the season? NO! He clearly thought Edwards was better because he spent the off season grooming him to be the starter, even though Perry Fewell benched Edwards and made Fitz the starter last season.....COACHING FAILURE

Did Chan Gailey name CJ Spiller the starting RB to open the season, then bench him after a few running plays because the rook couldn't block for protections, couldn't find the hole, didn't know his routes...COACHING FAILURE!

Did Chan Gailey start Cornell Green at RT, only to see that he couldn't even block for a few milliseconds, something about any one of the drunken fans in the stands could do......COACHING FAILURE!

Did Chan Gailey have an adequate backup at RT..NO! COACHING FAILURE!

"youtube" that Stevie Johnson dropped pass and watch it closely, Fitz took a deep drop about 10 yards and had that ball out in 3 1/2 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhK2pWZ2dM&feature=related

The simple reason the Buffalo Bills only won 4 games last season was because the team wasn't prepared properly to start the season, they showed that with the line problems, QB problems, RB problems, they went 0-8 remember. They lost 12 games because this new HC decided to switch to a 3-4 defense even though he didn't have the personnel for it. This same HC hired someone that doesn't know what he is doing to run his defense, the same can be said about many of Chan Gaileys assistant coaches.This HC doesn't know the difference between a good player and a bad one, he proved this with Green at RT and Edwards at QB.

No backup QB, no backup RB, should Fitz or Jackson suffer a long term injury, this team is screwed. Last season the Buffalo Bills got worse on defense, special teams, and in the running game. The ONLY area that improved on the team was the passing game, and that was only because of Fitz. Both Edwards and Brohm stunk it up.

Gailey and his staff might get another year after this one because of the excuse of the lockout effect. Although, I've already seen enough bad coaching decisions, this team will never compete for the playoffs in this division with Gailey as HC.

Edited by Harvey lives

With this post you just reinforced how bad Chan Gailey is at building a team and how good Fitz was working with a bunch of nobody's

IT WAS ALL FITZ!!!!!!!!! Ryan Fitzpatrick saved Chan Gaileys ass last season, Gailey put it all on the QB's shoulders with virtually no upgrades for the offense in the draft or free agency, and although Fitz played well in some games, he also fell on his face in others.Try and understand it was all Fitz in his ability to get the ball out of his hands in 3 seconds or under, then he would locate the proper open receiver and hit him with the ball. GUESS WHAT, SSDY, same shiet...different year. The Bills didn't upgrade any part of the offense in the draft this year, and I doubt they will in free agency either. The team is going to start this season with the same scrubs at RT that they picked up off the street last year.

Did Chan Gailey help Brian Brom or Trent Edwards at all? ...answer NO! .... COACHING FAILURE

Did Chan Gailey start Ryan Fitzpatrick at the beginning of the season? NO! He clearly thought Edwards was better because he spent the off season grooming him to be the starter, even though Perry Fewell benched Edwards and made Fitz the starter last season.....COACHING FAILURE

Did Chan Gailey name CJ Spiller the starting RB to open the season, then bench him after a few running plays because the rook couldn't block for protections, couldn't find the hole, didn't know his routes...COACHING FAILURE!

Did Chan Gailey start Cornell Green at RT, only to see that he couldn't even block for a few milliseconds, something about any one of the drunken fans in the stands could do......COACHING FAILURE!

"youtube" that Stevie Johnson dropped pass and watch it closely, Fitz took a deep drop about 10 yards and had that ball out in 3 1/2 seconds youtube.com/watch?v=UHhK2pWZ2dM&feature=related

The simple reason the Buffalo Bills only won 4 games last season was because the team wasn't prepared properly to start the season, they showed that with the line problems, QB problems, RB problems, they went 0-8 remember. They lost 12 games because this new HC decided to switch to a 3-4 defense even though he didn't have the personnel for it. This same HC hired someone that doesn't know what he is doing to run his defense, the same can be said about many of Chan Gaileys assistant coaches.This HC doesn't know the difference between a good player and a bad one, he proved this with Green at RT and Edwards at QB.

No backup QB, no backup RB, should Fitz or Jackson suffer a long term injury, this team is screwed. Last season the Buffalo Bills got worse on defense, special teams, and in the running game. The ONLY area that improved on the team was the passing game, and that was only because of Fitz. Both Edwards and Brohm stunk it up.

Gailey and his staff might get another year after this one because of the excuse of the lockout effect. Although, I've already seen enough bad coaching decisions, this team will never compete for the playoffs in this division with Gailey as HC.

Fitz this, Fitz that, well If thats how you feel then how about the HC's decision to stay with what everyone else (or majority of folks anyway) thinks is a career backup signal caller. Hell or high water Chan gailey stands behind his players and regardless if you like it or not I'm willing to bet Chan gailey is going to have you eating crow by the end of the season.

I'll admit I'm a "the glass is half full" type person, but anyone with eyes can see that for the first time in years we might actually be building something worthwhile. You mentioned Gaileys decision to start TE over Fitz, but to be honest the way it all went down it seemed to me RW was pushing Gailey to make a starter out of Edwards. It wasn't working out so Gailey sent TE packing, end of story.

So brag about Ryan Fitzpatrick all you want, but you can thank our new HC Chan Gailey for that one also...

"youtube" that Stevie Johnson dropped pass and watch it closely, Fitz took a deep drop about 10 yards and had that ball out in 3 1/2 seconds youtube.com/watch?v=UHhK2pWZ2dM&feature=related

I'm still holding out hope that Chan and Buddy tanked last season on purpose to get Luck or Newton.

because if they didn't, their plan and execution put them in the totally inept category.

In additioin to the items noted above, is the inexcusable use of the draft picks they took on defense who didn't sniff the field of a team with one of the worsts run defenses of all time.

Fitz this, Fitz that, well If thats how you feel then how about the HC's decision to stay with what everyone else (or majority of folks anyway) thinks is a career backup signal caller. Hell or high water Chan gailey stands behind his players and regardless if you like it or not I'm willing to bet Chan gailey is going to have you eating crow by the end of the season.

I'll admit I'm a "the glass is half full" type person, but anyone with eyes can see that for the first time in years we might actually be building something worthwhile. You mentioned Gaileys decision to start TE over Fitz, but to be honest the way it all went down it seemed to me RW was pushing Gailey to make a starter out of Edwards. It wasn't working out so Gailey sent TE packing, end of story.

So brag about Ryan Fitzpatrick all you want, but you can thank our new HC Chan Gailey for that one also...

The man is a moron for even wasting time on Edwards, that's end of story.

Gailey gets credit for nothing afaic, his team wasn't ready, he failed at QB, failed at RT, failed at RB....he sucks 4-12 tells me he sucks

dude, get a freaking grip on reality, how many crucial mistakes does it take for one HC to make to open your eyes to what an idiot he is? Never mind the facts that in the past ten years he failed at coaching a college team and then failed as an OC of an NFL team.

The Buffalo Bills hired the guy because he was about the only one who would take the job, that they were willing to hire, unlike like 7-8 other people that turned the job down.

I can understand the getting behind the new Bills HC rah rah type thing last year, but now after his first season he already looks like a moron in several areas. You look just as bad as he does by endorsing him. Just remember "Fig Newton" that you backed this fool, I know I will.