OT-Mark Mulder traded to Cardinals

Thailog80

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now that you have my pitcher, please spell his name right...

its Mark MULDER!!!!!

166163[/snapback]

My bad. For some reason I always thought it was spelled with an O.

I feel for you though, it's a joke that a team like Oakland is forced to give up superstars because they can't keep them. They have become the Montreal Expos of baseball now, everyone elses farm system.

Beane is a great GM though, Oakland will do alright.

We are glad to have him though.

I wouldnt say you got a better deal then boston but i would say you got a good pitcher. He may be cheaper but he is average along with Clement. And we didnt give up young prospects to get Clement either.

166162[/snapback]

Of course you wouldn't say that the Cards got a better deal than the Red Sox. Boston could have signed Nick Laloosh and Red Sox fans would think that would be a better move than picking up Mark Mulder.

Mulder is a great pickup for St. Louis, Clement is a decent pickup for Boston. He walks a lot of guys, a problem that will likely be magnified in the American League and pitching primarily at a hitter's park like Fenway. Not to mention, he was a No. 4 starter on the Cubs.

Of course you wouldn't say that the Cards got a better deal than the Red Sox. Boston could have signed Nick Laloosh and Red Sox fans would think that would be a better move than picking up Mark Mulder.

Mulder is a great pickup for St. Louis, Clement is a decent pickup for Boston. He walks a lot of guys, a problem that will likely be magnified in the American League and pitching primarily at a hitter's park like Fenway. Not to mention, he was a No. 4 starter on the Cubs.

166177[/snapback]

Mulder - 81-42 lifetime

Clement- 69-75 lifetime

Yeah we both got average pitchers alright.

St. Louis got a potential Cy Young winner, Boston got a number 4 starter.

now that you have my pitcher, please spell his name right...

its Mark MULDER!!!!!

166163[/snapback]

Ramius...I guess my theory that Beane's Moneyball philosophy is a load of crap will be proved one way or another. I always thought that the A's were contenders because of Hudson, Mulder and Zito, not because Scott Hatteberg has a knack for getting on base.

We'll see how smart he is now.

Did you hear Ray Ratto on ESPN News after the Mulder trade story broke? He said Oakland would win between 55 and 63 games next year. Sounded pissed too.

You're thinking about the episode where she was tied face down on the bed.

Dirty Man.

166183[/snapback]

Hahaha, I think it's the fact that she has red hair. I dated a red head once. The stereotype holds true.

Mulder - 81-42 lifetime

Clement- 69-75 lifetime

Yeah we both got average pitchers alright.

St. Louis got a potential Cy Young winner, Boston got a number 4 starter.

166179[/snapback]

I wouldn't say either of them are average. Boston's signing of Clement is a pretty good pickup. Not as good as trading for Mulder, but I think Clement could work his way into the No. 2 spot in Boston's rotation. He can be very good at times, and he has a lot of pitches. He struggles with his command though, and that will get him trouble. Maybe Wells can help him with his control problems. Hope not.

I wouldn't say either of them are average. Boston's signing of Clement is a pretty good pickup. Not as good as trading for Mulder, but I think Clement could work his way into the No. 2 spot in Boston's rotation. He can be very good at times, and he has a lot of pitches. He struggles with his command though, and that will get him trouble. Maybe Wells can help him with his control problems. Hope not.

166196[/snapback]

I don't think he's that good. Mulder could easily win the N.L Cy Young award with our offense behind him. I bet you he goes like 22-5 or something.

Oakland has picked up Haren and Dan Meyer in these last two trades. They are both going to be good pitchers at the major league level. I think it was a good move by Beane.

Also, a good move by the Cards. Congrats BF, you guys needed a great pitcher.

He'll do fine in the NL. You can almost guarantee a half percentage point coming off his ERA.

It's a big pick up for us.  We need an anchor for our staff.  I think we should also sign Milwood but we probably won't.

Our rotation now looks like this.

Moulder

Morris

Marquis

Suppan

Carpenter

That's not horrible, I would like to get someone to take Suppans spot though.

165855[/snapback]

I like the addition of Mulder, but I am disappointed with how much Jocketty gave up. The reason the farm system has nothing is because he is very quick to give up on the young talent. I won't be convinced Mulder wasn't injured at the end of the year until he pitches 200-250 innings. Haren will win 12-15 for the A's and is a solid #2 starter in a year or so. Calero is an important part of a 'pen. Barton will be a major league catcher in two years, although Yadier should catch 140 games per season for years to come.

I like the addition of Mulder, but I am disappointed with how much Jocketty gave up. The reason the farm system has nothing is because he is very quick to give up on the young talent. I won't be convinced Mulder wasn't injured at the end of the year until he pitches 200-250 innings. Haren will win 12-15 for the A's and is a solid #2 starter in a year or so. Calero is an important part of a 'pen. Barton will be a major league catcher in two years, although Yadier should catch 140 games per season for years to come.

166238[/snapback]

St. Louis needs to win NOW. The pieces are there. I'm tired of waiting, it's been 22 years already and we needed a pitcher like Mulder to get it done. Barton is at least 2 years away (mayber 3, hell he's only 19). Calero will be replaced by Ankiel and Harren is ready now. In reality this deal was Mulder for Harren and Mulder is only 26 himself so I'm fine with it.

I would like to see us sign Cabrerra and go after another pitcher. Millwood would be alright if he gets his head on straight again.

I think the A's got a good deal and the Cardinals definately profitted from it.

Dan Harren is ready to be a good major league starter now and Calero is a very good 7th/8th inning setup guy.  Barton is our best minor league position prospect but is 2 or 3 years away.  He's only 19.

I'm a very happy Cardinals fan though.  We are getting an ace for 6 million a year this year and 7.5 million next year, much cheaper than NY is going to have to pay Johnson.

165943[/snapback]

BF---The cards got hosed. Mulder has lost it...and there is no injury to explain it. he was awful for the entire second half of last season. Unless they can ressurrect him...he will be a 14-12 pitcher with a 4.74 era.

BF---The cards got hosed. Mulder has lost it...and there is no injury to explain it. he was awful for the entire second half of last season. Unless they can ressurrect him...he will be a 14-12 pitcher with a 4.74 era.

166706[/snapback]

So this guy has pitched 5 years and because he has had one bad second half he has "lost it". Come on.

So this guy has pitched 5 years and because he has had one bad second half he has "lost it".  Come on.

166729[/snapback]

OK BF--perhaps I exxaggerated a bit...But his condition is definitely a worry. He is no lock to be the pitcher he once was. I hope he IS--because he is a great guy. I lived in Oakland and still live near enough yo go to many games.-So I kinda know whats happening.---But he missed the whole end of '03 with a fractured femur.....and he completely lost it for an entire half of last season.

Again-I hope he winns 25 for you guys cuz I like La Russa and i like mulder and wish him the best. Billy Beane IS a genius.-You put Zito, Mulder and Hudson on another team with comaparable talent to the A/s and NO WAY do they win soo many damn games like oakland did the last 5 years. Expect the A's to win at least 88 games this year...and to be seriously competeing fort the championship in '06.--And billy may not be done making moves.

PS--luvv the cards lineup---but dont think that Tony is a great playoff manager.He lost 2 of 3 series with oakland while having vastly superior teams to his opponen ts

Did you hear Ray Ratto on ESPN News after the Mulder trade story broke? He said Oakland would win between 55 and 63 games next year. Sounded pissed too.

166187[/snapback]

Ray Ratto is so biased in his reporting, that his nose is permenantly brown from Barry Bonds and Peter McGowans collective asses. Ratto will need the entire timber production in the Pacific Northwest turned into toilet paper to wipe it clean!

Ratto hates the A's, and will take every opportunity to bury them every chance he gets.