Roethlisberger is TERRIBLE on the run

daquixers

Roethlisberger probably do get a little too much credit at times, with the media being blinded a little by the team's win-loss record.

He doesn't have the big numbers every week, but do somehow seem to help the team / avoid loosing games for his team, with his play in the 4th quarter of games.

Pretty good for a rookie i should say.

And i think if Losman had been starting this year, and played like Roethlisberger has been, i don't think i would have complained one bit.

165637[/snapback]

I wouldnt complain either, but I wouldnt be calling him the next Joe Montana.

That is very true Daquixers, it is way to early to pencil Ben into the HOF yet.

But still one can not help to be impressed by the fact that even though he has been rattled at times, he doesn't seem to go to pieces.

I am sure it does help tremendously to have the running game and defense that Pitts have to help one out (and the fact that their OL has started the same 5 players for every game), but one would think that being a rookie one would still find a way to loose at least one game.

As for Montana, that might not be such a bad comparison. I will admit that i have never actually seen Roeth play, but he does seem to have a little of the x-factor or the so called intangibles that good quaterback need to have. The self-belief, confidence and respect of your teammates and coolness with the game on the line.

Montana was not the physically most gifted of quarterbacks, with his arm or legs, but he got it done more times then not when he had to.

And for Roethlisberger to show a little of this as a rookie, one can not help to think of what might be ahead when he get a little more experience.

and this whole topic was started to show that Ben is bad ON THE RUN

Maybe he was bad today, I don't know 'cuz I didn't see a snap.

But if you had been watching him all year, you'd realize that since being inserted as the starter Roethlisberger has played his best football on the run.

Most of the trouble he's run into this season has been when opponents have played a contain game and forced him to make plays from the pocket. When he's been able to get outside the hashes he's been great.

I don't know what went on today, but if he was bad on the run you should realize it was an aberration.

Ben Rothelisberger is a rookie. Who will vastly improve each season that he is a QB for the steelers. Cause the steelers have what it takes in place for him to be successfull. A better than decent offensive line, great receivers, great RB's. Also, a great defense.

HE wins games? HE wins games? His TEAM wins games. HE doesnt do anything but play mediocare football and get the refs to call shady personal foul calls for him.

165590[/snapback]

Montana never had the gaudy stats that people like Marino and Warren Moon

put up....but he knew how to win games and make the clutch throws when

needed.... Both BRady and Ben have shown that consistently this year...

It is not Ben's fault that his supporting cast is so good and the OC has put

in a very conservative game plan to restrict what Ben can do.