Anybody watch ESPN's "30 for 30: June 17,1994" last night?

An interesting perspective on the big sports events on & around that date, all while OJ was making his infamous White Bronco Ride on the LA freeways. Rather sad. They also showed footage of his Hall of Fame induction speech. I was there in the audience on that hot day. Namath & Roger Staubach was inducted also.

Remember watching it last year. Really great stuff and one of those moments when I will always remember where I was when I was told that OJ was riding around in the back of a Bronco on the LA Freeway threatening to blow his head off.

Still remember watching the verdict while I attended St. Francis, nothing like seeing a bunch of 14/15 year olds rejoice over a "murderer" getting off.

I remember also that most of the community seemed to want the verdict to be "not guilty" and that when the verdict was read, that there was a lot of rejoicing.

The interesting thing is, I think most people slowly changed their views on the murders and of course when OJ came back to WNY… in fact, a Bills game, looking for a safe haven, he was heckled out of the stadium.

I guess we didn't want to believe (especially for my generation) that one of our childhood heroes could be responsible for committing such a heinous crime.

At some point, most of us came around to the conclusion that he probably did commit the murders.

But you're right… the initial reaction was generally very positive… until it morphed into something very different as time passed. At least among the people I knew.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

They seem to be hit and miss IMO. Some of the really great ones were:

June 17, 1994

The Two Escobars

Once Brothers

Pony Excess

Small Potatos: Who killed the USFL

Into the Wind

Larry and Ali

Jordan Rides the Bus

But some of the ones I thought were not too good were:

The U

Without Bias (really disappointed in this one)

One night in Vegas (nearly worthless)

Four days in October (Like I want to see that frog Bill Simmons gloating with his tard buddies the entire time)

Still remember watching the verdict while I attended St. Francis, nothing like seeing a bunch of 14/15 year olds rejoice over a "murderer" getting off.

It WAS surreal, wasn't it?

I remember also that most of the community seemed to want the verdict to be "not guilty" and that when the verdict was read, that there was a lot of rejoicing.

The interesting thing is, I think most people slowly changed their views on the murders and of course when OJ came back to WNY… in fact, a Bills game, looking for a safe haven, he was heckled out of the stadium.

I guess we didn't want to believe (especially for my generation) that one of our childhood heroes could be responsible for committing such a heinous crime.

At some point, most of us came around to the conclusion that he probably did commit the murders.

But you're right… the initial reaction was generally very positive… until it morphed into something very different as time passed. At least among the people I knew.

Well put. Especially your last two statements.