AMC Picks up second season of The Killing

/dev/null

Holy ****...that is one long skewering...I like Simmons, but that is more time than I want to spend on that show, ever again! I couldn't read the whole thing!

:lol:

I am glad I am not the only one who hated this...

I love Simmons, but barely ever finish his articles. They are just too long. This is one of the rare ones where I made it all the way through........He really needs to do some editing. I heard some writer say one time that the editing is the work. He said something like "I didn't have time to write a short column, so I wrote a long one."

To be fair..it was called "The Killing" and in the first episode there WAS a killing. There was never anything in the title saying..."and we're going to catch the perp". Technically it is an epoch like in all great literature. Homer had the Trojan war, but kind of had a story about all sorts of crap that happened before and after, while someone was going home. Moby Dick goes through hundreds of pages before we see the white whale. Hell even Harry Potter kind of wanders.

Go with the flow...besides, I don'thave an awful lot of confidence in those two detectives.

(from Richmonds' arresst at his "winner" press conference, Holder's "they fell for it", Richmond's assasination? and the last second phone call to Linder)

To be fair..it was called "The Killing" and in the first episode there WAS a killing. There was never anything in the title saying..."and we're going to catch the perp". Technically it is an epoch like in all great literature. Homer had the Trojan war, but kind of had a story about all sorts of crap that happened before and after, while someone was going home. Moby Dick goes through hundreds of pages before we see the white whale. Hell even Harry Potter kind of wanders.

Go with the flow...besides, I don'thave an awful lot of confidence in those two detectives.

I can go with the flow...I love "Treme", "The Sopranos", etc...shows which took their time telling a story, sometimes meander....but "The Killing" is just horrible writing.

Virtually every turn it took turned out to be a red herring, right up until the awful, pathetic, ending. So, the second to last episode had a kind of cool ending (Linder discovers that Richmond is Orpheus by his email ringing)...but, since you, as a viewer, have already been down this road at least a dozen times with this show, you know, in the end...it is not going to pan out to be anything. The show was bad enough, but that final 10 minutes (from Richmonds' arresst at his "winner" press conference, Holder's "they fell for it", Richmond's assasination? and the last second phone call to Linder) was possibly the worst thing I have seen on a "good" show in a long, long time. To me, any other show I liked, I would be tempted to watch it again...why would you ever wast a minute watching this drek again? You know that virtually everything you are watching is pointless.

And to top it off, after 13 days into a murder investigation, the detectives on the case finally check the vehicle mileage?

Linder and Holden (I liked the actors) have got to be the most inept homicide detectives ever portrayed on television.

Edited by Buftex

I can go with the flow...I love "Treme", "The Sopranos", etc...shows which took their time telling a story, sometimes meander....but "The Killing" is just horrible writing.

Virtually every turn it took turned out to be a red herring, right up until the awful, pathetic, ending. So, the second to last episode had a kind of cool ending (Linder discovers that Richmond is Orpheus by his email ringing)...but, since you, as a viewer, have already been down this road at least a dozen times with this show, you know, in the end...it is not going to pan out to be anything. The show was bad enough, but that final 10 minutes (from Richmonds' arresst at his "winner" press conference, Holder's "they fell for it", Richmond's assasination? and the last second phone call to Linder)

was possibly the worst thing I have seen on a "good" show in a long, long time. To me, any other show I liked, I would be tempted to watch it again...why would you ever wast a minute watching this drek again? You know that virtually everything you are watching is pointless.

When I worked with the Buffalo PD we had one of the best homicide divisions in the country, led by a detective named Donovan I believe. I understand he was later actually the commissioner as well. When I was there I and two other guys had long hair and mustaches and would get called up for most lineups ("Get the f-ing hippies" was what they usually would say.). Taught me not to trust lineups as I was picked for a number of serious crimes.

And to top it off, after 13 days into a murder investigation, the detectives on the case finally check the vehicle mileage?

Linder and Holden (I liked the actors) have got to be the most inept homicide detectives ever portrayed on television.

When I worked with the Buffalo PD we had one of the best homicide divisions in the country, led by a detective named Donovan I believe. I understand he was later actually the commissioner as well. When I was there I and two other guys had long hair and mustaches and would get called up for most lineups ("Get the f-ing hippies" was what they usually would say.). Taught me not to trust lineups as I was picked for a number of serious crimes.

This was not great literature, and the stuff that happened before and after was boring as hell. I thought we'd at least find out who killed her. They did have some great shots of people standing for a minute at a time. That was riveting.......Rosie's father was esp. good at that.