Interesting insight from Johnson article

TPS

It's not how you get there, just get there on time.

SJ

“You beat the defender, but you might run the same route five different ways. As long as he’s at the right depth where he’s supposed to be and on time then he’s fine. That’s the best part of the offense. I’ve been in other offenses where I had players like Steve, but the offensive coordinator did not give the players the freedom to be creative and they felt handcuffed.”

Johnson had almost 30% of the Bills scoring (if you remove the kicking game, 60 out of 204 pts.). I'd be satisfied with status quo from SJ; I'd like to see Evans-Nelson-Easley-Jones account for 30%, and a kick-arse running game bring in 35%. The remaining 5% should come from the defense.

what bothers me is the lack of consistency...1 TD in the final six games...Was it a case of the Bills being just bad or Steve losing focus. The Bills need two good WRs who can play consistently on a week to week basis. Something I have seen the past 10 seasons in Pittsburgh...Whether it was Hines and Plaxico or Hines and Holmes or Hines and Wallace, they have worked in tandem and you need that to not have the opposing defense focus on one player....I hope Lee will wake up from his 3-4 season slumber and have the same impact he had the year with Losman and the prior year with Bledsoe.