O.J. Simpson vs. Thurman Thomas

Both of you had good posts, but you got the Rent-A-Car thing wrong. OJ worked for HERTZ, the 'superstar in rent-a-car' ... as a boy, I'd live to see him in those commercials.

I met OJ in person in LA while he worked with NBC. I went up to him and I joked with him telling and asking him "Hey you look really familiar, didn't you used to hang out at the bars on Hertel"? OJ's older than me but my older sister used to tell me she'd see him alot hanging out at the bars on Hertel and the ones on Elmwood. When I made that remark to OJ who seemed in a hurry at the time, he laughed hard and stopped and engaged to chat with me for a few minutes. He was incredibly friendly.

When the BILLS came to LA to play the RAIDERS in '91, we hung out at the hotel where the BILLS were staying. Thurman wouldn't give the fans the time of day, he was in too much of a hurry to go out on the town with some teammates. No problem with that, but he handled it with very poor finesse considering all the Socal BILLS fans that were there for autographs and photos.

Perhaps Thurman still had an attitude for being drafted so late while OJ had Mayor Sedita greet him at the Buffalo Airport upon his initial arrival in 1969 :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic