Anyone Have Contingencies for Fantasy Football?

I am commissioner (8th year of a keeper league) and I am trying to plan for a lockout.

Right now, what I am thinking is still holding a draft as if there was a season. If there is no season, keeper tenures remain the same as they are this year, and you have the option of keeping the players you drafted.

Rosters are frozen other than the draft until a cba is reached.

I think that is the right play.

If there isnt a season, to keep people interested, I am going to sim the season week by week on Madden and manually compile our season based on the fictional Madden season. I did a practice run and it isnt too bad, and it helps our league's scoring is pretty simple.

I am commissioner (8th year of a keeper league) and I am trying to plan for a lockout.

Right now, what I am thinking is still holding a draft as if there was a season. If there is no season, keeper tenures remain the same as they are this year, and you have the option of keeping the players you drafted.

Rosters are frozen other than the draft until a cba is reached.

I think that is the right play.

If there isnt a season, to keep people interested, I am going to sim the season week by week on Madden and manually compile our season based on the fictional Madden season. I did a practice run and it isnt too bad, and it helps our league's scoring is pretty simple.

Madden sim doesn't seem too shabby. But you also have to take into account that the guys who are responsible for madden stat abilities are programmers and QA peeps. Some people who are associated with the NFL by now might be involved but how do they honestly associate rl stats to a game? Also they will use stats from the previous season which we all know don't have that much bearing to the next season. Some breakouts and some regressives. Madden is awesome, I love it, been playing it since it first came out in the early 90's. My brother even was a QA tester for them for a few years and he was able to alter a few stats back in the day (to make them a bit more reasonable). All in all, if there is no season next year, why not, go for it :) What is the alternative?

But damn, I hope there is a season. My group of buddies want to have our draft. It's an annual thing. If there isn't a season we all (or most) shall be looking for other things to carry us over to next year.

Edited by Pilsner

yeah. its just for fun, really. we wont have money on the line. Although it will be an offical "Molson Bowl" as we call it. It wont effect rosters or keepers. Any moves made during the Madden wont count, the actual rosters will be the same.

Edited by May Day 10

We are doing a college football fantasy football season. We are still working on the details but most likely we will draft players from the BCS conferences and since there are more teams we would expand the rosters. Scoring would remain the same.