Donte Speaks to the press about future

so as not to repeat myself, i refer you to my points made in another thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/130072-rank-the-modrak-first-round-picks/page__view__findpost__p__2160432

jw

John,

You mentioned in that other thread you have Maybin down as a Jauron pick. I just cannot believe that. I know they had extended Dickie week 4 or 5 of that season, but after the team tanked, the Bills inner circle (this is where the circle jerk saying originated I believe) meet for a couple days debating if they would fire him. I remember exactly where I was when the announcement to keep him after much deliberation was made. This was in January. Now I am supposed to believe that in April, less than 4 months later, the entire FO and scouting staff backed down to an almost fired, lame duck head coach???

That honestly may have been what happened, but I just dont buy it. I am too logical to buy it. Modrak, Russ Brandon, Ralph, someone else was at least loving on Maybin too. I wasnt all Jauron. My guess is Modrak loved him too, and with Jauron and Modrak behind him, they took him. If not Modrak, maybe Ralph himself, or Russ B, it had to be someone. It just is too illogical to assume that the team decided to side with an almost fired just 4 months ago HC against the advice of the entire scouting staff, president, and Owner.

the same thing goes for Losman and McCargo. Modrak self admitedly puts together the board. Would the Bills really trade up, back into the 1st round, for a player that Modrak had rated as a 3rd or 4th rounder? i cant believe they would - its doesnt make any sense. Modrak must have put those players up on the board as 1st round talents, so when Levy/Jauron look at the board, they see only one 1st round talent QB/DT on the board left, panic, then trade up. Mmodrak wasnt the decision maker, but I find it hard to believe his board wasnt grossly off for all of these picks.

Edited by Thoner7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

You mentioned in that other thread you have Maybin down as a Jauron pick. I just cannot believe that.

believe what you will.

and if you don't trust me and the people i've spoken to, then i refer you to colleague Mark Gaughan, who had this to write in his Modrak fired story: "Modrak did not champion Maybin's cause before the 2009 draft. Jauron wanted that pick."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article412832.ece

i did not share my insights with Mark, and Mark did not share his with me. and yet we have reached the same conclusions.

jw

John,

Donte didn't happen to make any off-the-record comments about himself and Jesus, did he?

Also, I know it's essentially hearsay, but another board member mentioned that Modrak had acquired a reputation as a lazy scout. Any truth to that?

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

That being said, his contract offer was fair (to generous) for his production and it would be a good business move for Nix to stand his ground. Nix needs to show that big production equals big contracts, and the soft ways of the Jauron years are no more. I think Nix will hold him accountable with the contract he offered and set the tone for the players he brought on. I sincerely hope Donte takes it and is with the team when they report.

Bows, I hear and agree but...Kelsay????