Why not PALMER ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmer had a 61.8 completion percentage and threw for 3,970 yards last season on one of the worst teams in the NFL. Not bad when you consider how horrible their defense was(kinda like Buffalo last year). I'm not saying that he is a long term answer. He is obviously getting older. He still has some gas in the tank though and Fitz and Palmer have worked together before. The difference would be Palmer would carry the clip board instead of Fitz here in Buffalo and he would be able to step right in if Fitz gets hurt.

Now on whether he would come to Buffalo or whether Cincy would even allow him to leave, there is very little chance. Minuscule, really. Still there is a chance and it would be worth looking into. Veteran talent at QB does not grow on trees. I'd snap him up in a heartbeat if the price was right. He was the QB of one of the most explosive passing teams in the NFL on more than one occasion. The comments about being washed up or simply saying "PASS" are pretty premature and thoughtless, I think.

I can't believe I wasted this much time on this, because there really is very little chance he would end up in Buffalo. But that does not by any means mean that it would be bad idea.

Not a choice I'd want to pursue ... and certainly hope it's not one the Bills want ... and I don't think Palmer wants to ride the bench behind Fitz and that's all the Bills would offer because they are not about to start a QB competition for the starting job this summer. They do not want any controversy, it's FITZ in 2011 ... any vet will be the type willing to be a back up only.

As much as this makes sense - I don't know if that is 100% the case. Most free agent QB's, and all but one college QB, would have been back-ups (maybe even Cam for a year), but I believe, from what I've heard from Nix and Gailey, that they are always open to the idea of getting better everywhere, and that they certainly feel they need to upgrade the QB position soon. So, I agree that most QB's would be back-ups, and that they want no part of a QB controversy, I still think there are certain QB's - or, I should say, that the Bills F.O. would be open to aquiring a starting QB at the right price, from another team, if he were to represent a definite upgrade at the position. For instance, I wouldn't rule out McNabb or Kolb, for starters. Either could come in and would give the Bills a legitimate QB (even though I think Fitz is not, by far, the worse QB in the NFL).