Kelsay

I wouldn't fret too much about Kelsay. Yes, he was abused at OLB and totally exposed in coverage, but he's a serviceable DE. It's not like the Bills hit him with the franchise tag or tossed Patrick Willis money at him. Hes been a loyal Bill for years who gave it his all and did what was asked of him.

As an employer you like to reward those types to demonstrate that you're committed to your players. I know the NFL is no place for sentiment (New England certainly wouldn't have made the same move), but its not like FAs are lining up at the gates of OBD asking to play for the Bills. In the grand scheme, moves like the Kelsay signing, albeit baffling at the time, are a small investment toward building a good reputation. One which will hopefully pay dividends in the near future.

Besides, his Celino & Barnes commercial is excellent. It really looked like it was his first time holding a football. He genuinely seemed scared of the thing.

Please post more often! Great take, good laugh.

I think Kelsay is going to have a good year this year and here is my reasoning:

It seems that players can help compliment each other and as one player plays better others will look better too. See Kyle Williams and Chris Kelsay. Chris Kelsay is good at getting around the pocket and getting to the back side of the quarterback. This has cause qb hits, sacks, and an interception. If the quarterback steps up Chris Kelsay is not very effective. However, we have Kyle Williams who is effective at pushing the pocket, when he pushes the pocket the quarterback cannot step up. This was why we were able to get so much pressure during the Steelers game against their poor offensive line as both Kelsay and Williams were doing their roles well.

Now, we did just draft a 3-4 DE/4-3 DT who should be able to push the pocket. With him and Kyle Williams I would think that Kelsay will have more success because the other two players will put him in a position to succeed. I predict 6 sacks from Kelsay, but a lot more pressures and QB hits to disrupt plays.

Moves like the Kelsay extension are just another reason the Bills are always looking up at teams like N.E., who typically dump

veterans a year before they are done rather than a year or years later.

Kelsay was probably the worst player on one of the worst defenses in the league.

Not a fan of kelsay, but he wasn't the worst on that defense last year.

He probably would've doubled his sack total last year if he could finish consistently. That was the most maddening thing about him for me. Even when he was back playing 4-3 end, he whiffed on a lot of sacks and TFL. He's plenty old enough now to play with a little more discipline.

He will never ever be a servicable 34 OLB. i have no idea how some of you can even suggest that. Keep him out there in the 43 packages and hope he can finish a little bit better next year.