defense improvement

with the draft all done, how much will our defense improve? can we be respectable and move up say 10 spots?

I think it will improve noticeably this year, with the overall D taking a BIG step up in 2012.

with the draft all done, how much will our defense improve? can we be respectable and move up say 10 spots?

Defensively, yeah i think we could move up 10 spots i think we were 28th last year so that shouldn't be to hard :thumbsup:

With some of the injured players returning, plus this draft, I think we're out of the Andrew Luck derby.

Defensive players Injured/Probably (AKA Wussies), Week 15on...

WK17

NAME POSITION INJURY WED. THU. FRI. GAME STATUS

Balogun, Mike LB Illness - DNP FP Probable

Corto, Jon S Illness DNP DNP FP Probable

Kelsay, Chris LB Knee DNP FP FP Probable

McGee, Terrence CB Head DNP FP FP Probable

Troup, Torell NT Back DNP FP FP Probable

Williams, Kyle NT Hip DNP FP FP Probable

McGee, Terrence CB Head DNP FP FP Probable

Florence, Drayton CB Fibula DNP FP FP Probable

08/22/2010 placed LB Danny Batten on injured reserve----will be depth at ILB with White, Poz, Torbor

02/16/2011 released DE Marcus Stroud----was dogging it; Carrington and Dareus 2x better

11/08/2010 placed LB Andra Davis on injured reserve----likely depth now with Dareus

11/03/2010 claimed and awarded LB Shawne Merriman off waivers----supposedly healthy now

09/10/2010 signed LB Akin Ayodele

I envision 4 "good" future starters on defense: Dareus, Williams, Sheppard and Searcy. In the past, we've drafted starters, that weren't necessarily good. Big improvement. Can also see Hairston as a future starter. If he get focused in the weightroom and the kitchen, I see another "good" starter, hopefully on the left side. I was a bit dissapointed when I saw Williams' name as our pick, but with the depth of Lbs in round 3-4, it totally made sense to land a 6'1 CB with a 1st round grade.

Well played draft Buddy and co.