what about a trade down for us?

Pete

There still is many talented players that could help the Bills. How about trading down 10 picks or so and picking up an additonal 3rd or 4th?

1-Jabaal Sheard You can't have too many pass rushers- and no Kelsay is not a pass rusher.

2-Aaron Williams CB

3-Bruce Carter - Stud LBer

4-Brooks Reed - a terror at LB

5-Kyle Rudolph - great value and we have need a TE since the KGun

6-Colin Kaepernick QB

7-Da'Quan Bowers DE

8-Akeem Ayers LB

9-Justin Houston LB

10--Martez Wilson

There is 10 great picks for us not named Mallet. We can stay pat and draft one of them (or someone else) or we can trade down, add another pick, and still get a great player. Especially if the Pats stay put and if some teams have a good grade on Bowers- we care sitting pretty

No.

Pick Bowers, knee injury and all.

I tend to agree with you about Bowers, but would leave that call to the Bills doctors. If you don't like Bowers, perhaps-

1-Marvin Austin

2-Brandon Harris

3-Ben Ijalana

4-Ryan Mallet

5-Andy Dalton

My point is whichever player/position you covet, we can still trade down, get additional picks, and there is a good chance we land that player. And I would love to add picks to next years draft

This is a good point. It seems we have a wealth of players to pick from, with no major drop-off.

Otoh, so does the team 10 spots down from us, right? If all these players are good, why wouldn't they stay where they are and get whichever one falls to them?

There still is many talented players that could help the Bills. How about trading down 10 picks or so and picking up an additonal 3rd or 4th?

1-Jabaal Sheard You can't have too many pass rushers- and no Kelsay is not a pass rusher.

2-Aaron Williams CB

3-Bruce Carter - Stud LBer

4-Brooks Reed - a terror at LB

5-Kyle Rudolph - great value and we have need a TE since the KGun

6-Colin Kaepernick QB

7-Da'Quan Bowers DE

8-Akeem Ayers LB

9-Justin Houston LB

10--Martez Wilson

There is 10 great picks for us not named Mallet. We can stay pat and draft one of them (or someone else) or we can trade down, add another pick, and still get a great player. Especially if the Pats stay put and if some teams have a good grade on Bowers- we care sitting pretty

I just posted this elsewhere, but you've got to trade down. There's going to be a team that will want to jump the Bengals and snag one the QB's. This is setting up perfectly for a trade down.

I'm sure this has been posted before:

The Bills' team doctor reportedly cleared Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers' surgically repaired knee last week.

This report allays concerns that the knee is in much worse condition than the Bowers camp has let on. Bowers reportedly had a "great meeting" with the Bills, and sources tell Yahoo's Doug Farrar that Denver and Buffalo are still interested. Though Farrar cautioned to take his report with a grain of salt, he also noted the Titans made it clear to Bowers that they would grab him at No. 8 if he's still on the board. The results of Bowers' medical recheck Friday in Indianapolis

My caveat here is that I want the Bills to take Bowers.

I think both SF and AZ would be willing to trade up...the deal with San Fran probably looks like this:

- Bills give pick 34 and 100

- Niners give pick 45 and 76 -- possibly throwing in a 4th next year to close the deal over Az.

if its the Cardinals

- Bills give pick 34

- Cardinals give picks 38 and 103

Bills could package 2 of their three fourths in this scenario to move back into third...

I don't think we take any of the QB's left -- Dalton, Mallet, Kapernick, Stanzi--I think we sign a vet FA like Matt Moore--who can play....and is young.

One possible really good

1) Trade down with AZ

2) Still get Bowers with pick 38

3) Use our 3rd rounder on the OL at the top of the board

4) Trade back into the end of the third for an ILB

Edited by JoeF