3rd pick FWIW my opinion

There are maybe 5-7 players that should be considered at #3 based on all the reading that I've done (mostly ProFootballWeekly

and GMJr/SportingNews along with NFL Network). My $.02 worth:

1. Marcell Dareus - I think he is a very "safe" pick in that he will almost certainly help the run defense significantly. He can

play in both the 3-4 and 4-3 looks and will be valuable.

2. Von Miller - lots of production and athletic ability. I like Miller and think he can really help the pass rush and will be an

improvement in run D, too.

3. Patrick Peterson - not sold on him being a top CB and I don't know if he can be an Ed Reed type Safety. He could be a

dynamite kick returner, but #3 is too high for a great KR and OK-good CB or Safety. If the Bills pick him, they might have

the best set of KR ever with Spiller, Peterson, McKelvin and McGee. Is Peterson another Rod Woodson? I don't know, but

I thin 3 is too rich for him.

4. AJ Green - Looks to be a great WR with the work-ethic and talent to excel. The Bills don't have a glaring need at WR

and w/o a QB and OL upgrade could Green fulfill his potential?

5. Cam Newton - I hate most everything I've read about him. I don't care how great an athlete he is or how strong his arm

is. Too much off-field stuff and zero experience calling plays and passing in a pro-style offense. Can he do it? Who knows?

But #3 is too high to gamble on a guy like this.

6. Blaine Gabbert - I like his athletic ability and reported intelligence and work-ethic, but his production (admittedly with

a weak supporting cast) leaves a lot to be desired this high in the draft.

7. Nick Fairley - great athlete, bad body for this high of a pick. Does he play hard and train hard enough to be great? I

don't think so.

Just my opinion, but I'd rate these guys as:

1. Dareus and Miller (tie)

2. AJ Green in spite of much bigger needs

3. Patrick Peterson

4. Blaine Gabbert - at least he reportedly has the work-ethic and intelligence to maybe grow into a good starter.

5. Nick Fairley - top athlete, if they can light a fire he might be great.

6. Cam Newton - huge gamble on 1 year of production in a non-pro-style offense with off-field concerns to boot.

Comments welcome!