Raising Taxes

Right, especially since my post is 100% accurate if not for the aid/care issue. WTG boy wonder.

ummm, no it wasnt.

In the second post of this thread I wrote

Ryans plan is a serious one because it addressed the long-term issue of Medicare,

a few posts later you posted

Ryan's Medicare reform was anything but serious.

So please, save it for the shmucks

All he proposes is fixing the total spending and dumping the money to the states in block grants (instead of the direct physician reimbursement that happens now)--and leaving the states to figure things out. That won't fix jack squat, and likely in the end just create a ton more government bloat. Instead of having one big federal Medicare bloat, there will be 50 state government medicare oversight agencies. That's not reform: That's passing the buck, and doing it in a way that almost can't help but cost more. The only encouraging thing about Ryan's medicare reform plan is that he actually said the Medicare needs reform. The plan part is a joke. What we need to do it cut benefits substantially and focus on wellness and not doctor visits.

First off the block grants are "capped". Do you know what that means? It means that when you say "almost can't help but cost more" says that you don't jack **** about what you are talking about.

Currently the Federal Government has a one size fits all shoe approach to Medicaid, it matches every dollar spent by the state on a one to one basis. Ryan's plan allows the federal government to set aside a set amount to each state and allows each state the flexibility to tailor it to their own liking.

This is what you call cost containment.

The risks of his plan has absolutely nothing to do with your above comments regarding Medicaid. Zero, zilch nada.

As a matter of logic, the risks are actually 100% the total polar opposite of what you mentioned, which shows your incapability of not being able to understand what it is that you read. The risks are that the cuts are so draconian that the lower income earners go without medicaid services, not that the Federal government "create a ton more government bloat."

Another part of what you said that was incorrect was

Instead of having one big federal Medicare bloat, there will be 50 state government medicare oversight agencies

There already are 50 state government medicaid oversight agencies you dumbass. :lol:

One more thing which I let you slide by with the other day but I'll call you out on now.

You said to RKFast that there wasnt any cuts to defense spending... Wrong!!

There is.

Also you talked about how it didnt address reduction of farm subsidies... Wrong again!

There are approximately $30Billion worth of reductions in farm subsidies.

But please keep posting, if I get the time like I did today, I'll make sure to continue to eviscerate your posts when you decide to talk out of your ass.

Edited by Magox

Read more boy wonder. I discussed the military BS reduction in detail but I guess you were so enamored with Ryan's bold plan that you missed that all he did was shave a sliver off the military budget--a sliver already agreed to by Obama! What bold moves.

And I noted the medicaid cap because in capping it and handing it off to the states, the cost increases are being transferred to the states. To us. And if you don't think that will increase bureaucracy at the state level, since this was all federally funded before, you're dumber than you continually prove yourself to be. But maybe I underestimate your stupidity. Or who knows maybe the states won't increase their medicaid related govt and won't raise taxes to make up the differences in the block grant's shortfalls. Hahaha aha

So that is passing the buck. The feds are just passing the medicaid responsibility to the states. Bold Ryan...very bold!

Edited by Peace

So how exactly do you go about cutting spending to Medicare and Medicaid, two programs that are unsustainable at current spending levels, without cutting some benefits or passing the cost off to someone else?

Since this is a budget proposal and not a bill focused solely on Medicare and Medicaid, what bold moves do you expect?

Read more boy wonder. I discussed the military BS reduction in detail but I guess you were so enamored with Ryan's bold plan that you missed that all he did was shave a sliver off the military budget--a sliver already agreed to by Obama! What bold moves.

Originally you didn't when you were called out on it.

And I noted the medicaid cap because in capping it and handing it off to the states, the cost increases are being transferred to the states. To us. And if you don't think that will increase bureaucracy at the state level, since this was all federally funded before, you're dumber than you continually prove yourself to be. But maybe I underestimate your stupidity. Or who knows maybe the states won't increase their medicaid related govt and won't raise taxes to make up the differences in the block grant's shortfalls. Hahaha aha

Wrong again dumbass. Logic fails you and I already explained to you how.

So that is passing the buck. The feds are just passing the medicaid responsibility to the states. Bold Ryan...very bold!

So how exactly do you go about cutting spending to Medicare and Medicaid, two programs that are unsustainable at current spending levels, without cutting some benefits or passing the cost off to someone else?

Since this is a budget proposal and not a bill focused solely on Medicare and Medicaid, what bold moves do you expect?

You have to cut benefits thats the only way how. In Ryans plans he calls for cuts in benefits in both Medicare and Medicaid and gives the states more power through flexibility so it tailors more to their needs. In other words the Federal Government is saying "hey this is what you get, if you want to spend more or less thats up to you, but we're not footing anymore of the bill" . So if the states decide to want shoulder more of the cost that is their burden NOT the Federal government unless of course they ask for assitance and get a Federal Bailout. Which means that it would have to go up for a vote through Congress to get that assistance.

This is what we call cost containment measure, his plan basically is one that allows the private sector to compete fiercely simply because they are competing for less dollars available. Efficiency would improve and it makes perfect sense, it is a plan that unleashes the private market and I guarantee you that if the plan were to go as written, that the costs of health care WOULD go down.

The risks of this plan is that the quality of care would go down and that is a real possibility.

You'd have to be a moron to not realize this. erm erm Peace :lol:

Edited by Magox