Direct TV Channel 354 Starting Soon

ajzepp

I know there are a few others on here who visit battlecam.com once in a while, but the creator of the site - the "Eccentric Billionaire" Alki David - has signed a deal with DirecTV to broadcast all the battlecam craziness each night starting on or before Monday. The hours have yet to be determined, but it will either be 12 midnight to 3am eastern time, or 12 midnight to 3am Pacific time (3a-6a eastern). Testing was completed this week, and Alki said there is a chance the first broadcast will take place tomorrow, Friday 4/8. If that doesn't happen, it will be Monday 4/11 for sure.

Watch at your own risk! :devil:

I know there are a few others on here who visit battlecam.com once in a while, but the creator of the site - the "Eccentric Billionaire" Alki David - has signed a deal with DirecTV to broadcast all the battlecam craziness each night starting on or before Monday. The hours have yet to be determined, but it will either be 12 midnight to 3am eastern time, or 12 midnight to 3am Pacific time (3a-6a eastern). Testing was completed this week, and Alki said there is a chance the first broadcast will take place tomorrow, Friday 4/8. If that doesn't happen, it will be Monday 4/11 for sure.

Watch at your own risk! :devil:

Care to share the premise for the uninformed or are you just going to tell me to f off and go to google? If that's the case I'll pass. I'm too lazy.

Care to share the premise for the uninformed or are you just going to tell me to f off and go to google? If that's the case I'll pass. I'm too lazy.

Sure, be happy to...

Battlecam is a site where people take turns camming up, and the audience votes either "like" or "poop" while they're on cam. As long as their likes are more than their poops, they stay on cam until that's no longer the case. The longer you stay on, the more points you accrue, which can then be used on prizes. Alki also will come on cam and issue challenges to people from time to time, which are usually more like dares. He typically pays out anywhere from $50-$400 per challenge, depending on how crazy it is. So far, the biggest challenge was to streak Obama, which one cammer did when the president was in Philadelphia last year. The prize was for $1 million dollars if done perfectly, and I think he got close to that amt. It was in the hundreds of thousands that Alki paid him.

Aside from that, you have people on cam with various personalities that are often times entertaining. People who don't wish to be on cam but just watch may also participate via the chat feature. They can interact with the people who are on camera.

That's it in a nutshell...it's hard to do the site justice by describing it, though....there has been some really crazy stuff on there at times. I think to date, 6 of the battlecammers have been arrested for various reasons.

PS: As a point of interest, there is a Bills fan who cams up from time to time who goes by the name DJ Keemstar. This guy is a disgrace to our community, IMO, and a major d-bag. Here is some info about this idiot in case you see him on the site...

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/DJ_KEEMSTAR

Edited by ajzepp

Just got confirmation from Alki....contracts were signed, and battlecam TV will be on DTV this Monday at 9pm PST/12am EST.

Pretty sure the plan is for Alki to run some challenges the first night or two, so if any of you guys are up at that time and need some extra money, or if you want to see some others try to earn money by doing crazy things, check it out :thumbsup:

If anyone who has DirecTv is awake, can you please do a spot check of channel 354 and tell me if the battlecam.com trainwreck is on?

Thanks

could not sleep tonight, but no 354 in my guide

Thanks for checking man...apparently tonight they were testing the censors, so I'm guessing maybe tomorrow they'll go live...not sure what's going on.

I searched for "Battlecam" and "Battle Cam" and neither of these generates any results in the Guide. I also do not see channel 354 on my channel guide so we'll have to keep checking. This show has got my curiosity piqued a bit.

It definitely has its moments...a lot of schmucks on there just farting around, but from time to time there is something really entertaining that goes down. It'll be interesting to see how things go when they're live to 20 million people.

Well, I guess this doesn't surprise me, but the broadcast has been delayed yet another day or two due to the never ending controversy that is battlecam lol. Apparently one of the broadcasters wrote DirecTv and told them exactly what goes on at this site, so DTV is continuing their "test run" for another day or two. Alki said it will go live AND in HD this week, though.

The good news is that apparently he has also reached agreement with Dish Network, so as soon as I confirm a channel I'll post it here since I know there are at least a few folks who want to see this train wreck in action lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, good news..

If anyone can't sleep tonight, from 2-4am you can see the Battlecam.com broadcast on DISH NETWORK channel 240.

Not sure what the delay is with DTV, but we're on Dish

Well...most of us who know what goes down on Battlecam figured this may happen...but Dish pulled the broadcast about a half hour early tonight and replaced it with an informercial for prostate relief. :doh:

I didn't see it happen, but apparently one of the more moronic of the casters - a guy who typically rages on cam and plays with sock puppets - decided to have his puppets simulate oral sex with each other. After that, the broadcast was taken down by Dish.

Not sure why they even tried to do this without the delay in place, but oh well....lol

Well...most of us who know what goes down on Battlecam figured this may happen...but Dish pulled the broadcast about a half hour early tonight and replaced it with an informercial for prostate relief. :doh:

I didn't see it happen, but apparently one of the more moronic of the casters - a guy who typically rages on cam and plays with sock puppets - decided to have his puppets simulate oral sex with each other. After that, the broadcast was taken down by Dish.

Not sure why they even tried to do this without the delay in place, but oh well....lol

And it disappoints you this is not on? <_<

And it disappoints you this is not on? <_<

Well, there is a lot of dumb stuff that goes on....but then again, a while later there was a dude who put fireworks in his pants and set them off :thumbsup:

Potentially big news here....

Apparently the people at Dish Network were majorly pissed off about last night...but people at Showtime have taken interest and today Alki said a deal is in the works to broadcast on Showtime at night :D