Don't Believe the Hype

First of all I'm not playing both sides, the O line was entirely his fault, and not Perry Fewell's or Dick Jauron's or any other past head coaches fault like you infer. Once the guy takes over as HC he is responsible for every player that takes the field, and if that player doesn't know how to do his job, then how is it the responsibility of past head coaches?

You say he had Fitz well prepared to take over and that's why Fitz did so well, on the contrary Fitz played well because he was named the starter over Edwards the previous year by Perry Fewell. Fitz was the better QB to begin with and your man wasted an off season preparing a QB he cut two weeks into the season, talk about a moronic move.

What you don't get is that if the stadium isn't filled by guys like you, and there is a threat that the owner won't make a profit, then at that point he will finally break down and go out and hire a proper HC. Just like he did back in the late 70's when he hired Chuck Knox, why don't you "Google" Chuck Knox, and see that he was able to turn around the Bills in a very short time... good coaches do that... they usually improve the team their first year, and they don't make constant bonehead moves. The ONLY thing that improved last season was the play calling, and even that was suspect during several games.

I have no idea how old you are or how long you have been a Bills fan, all I can say if I've been a fan and have attended Buffalo Bills games OJ Simpson was the starting RB. You appear to be new at this because you are defending another of RW's scrub hires. Lest you forget, Chan Gailey was fired in his previous job as OC of the 2-14 KC Chiefs

So you can recommend all you want, I'm staying right here, and will continue to rail, piss, B word, and moan all I want... as is my right. Until either until the current owner awakens and hires a good HC or the team passes to another owner.

P.S. you didn't answer the question... who exactly is going to "reload" this team, the same men who thought Cornell Green was an effective RT at 3 mill a year?

A few more things to wrap this up:

I have been a Bills fan since their inception into the AFL. That's considerably before you.

You don't like Gailey or Mr. Wilson. Or much of anything else regarding the Bills, from what you've written.

You like to rail piss, B word and moan.

Got it.

Done.

Edited by DrFishfinder

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about timing. It was at the Owners' Meetings last year that Gailey/Nix talked about "drafting a water bug":

http://espn.go.com/b...raft-a-scatback

This year, Gailey talked with Allen Wilson at the owner's meetings, and mentioned:

1. Gailey reiterated that Ryan Fitzpatrick is his starter, if a franchise quarterback is available with the third pick in the draft, the Bills would strongly consider him.

2. Gailey said teams continued to double cover Evans early in the season, but didn't do it as much by the middle of the year.

So...AJ Green if Newton is taken.

I almost hope Chan Gailey- Buddy Nix- Ralph Wilson take Cam Newton with that 3rd pick...it may come back to bite them.

The reason Evans didn't get double coverage later in the year was because of the emergence of Stevie Johnson more then anything else IMO. Should the Bills want to dump Lee Evans, then that AJ Green selection might make sense.

The Bills are desperate for defensive help in the front seven for stopping the run and rushing the passer more then any other need, a RT wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Harvey lives

Right now impact Defensive is Von Miller...Right Impact offensive is AJ Green....

Impact in the Future Several Top DL available.....Future Impact offense.....Newton or Blaine ....

Business and marketing stand point you draft Cam ...

its all about the direction that Bills want to go....

A few more things to wrap this up:

I have been a Bills fan since their inception into the AFL. That's considerably before you.

You don't like Gailey or Mr. Wilson. Or much of anything else regarding the Bills, from what you've written.

You like to rail piss, B word and moan.

Got it.

Done.

You STILL didn't answer the question. I still wanna know who you think is going to "load up" this team.

I have a tough time believing your over 50 years old considering how you want to keep defending Chan Gailey ....considering some of the bad moves he has already made. Did you defend Dick Jauron also? I can recall a 30+ page post a few years back from someone defending Jauron and all his moves.

BTW, I had season tickets from 89 to 94, 4 great seats close to the field, but gave them up when I saw the team going downhill, plus I took my family to all 4 super bowls, and watched my team lose firsthand. I'll support a winning team, just not going to support a loser, and I never will. I've been well aware of Mr Ralph Wilson's frugality when it comes to paying head coaches, and I was really upset when he didn't keep Knox. Although its my right to rail, B word and moan... I don't consider what I'm doing as complaining, all I'm doing is pointing out the cold hard truth about the errors this coaching staff keeps making.

""I am defending Gailey against what I consider to be unfair criticism from people who are looking for a scapegoat to dump the miserable state of affairs on. It has taken many years and many bad moves by persons other than Gailey to put the team where it is.""

How is it "unfair criticism" if I point out the truth? Isn't the current head coach responsible for the players brought in under his watch? I was pointing out Cornell Green and CJ Spiller who were both brought in last year.

Every time I witness the Bills make a stupid move I'll come to this forum and post about it, just like I do when they make a great move.

Just for the hell of it, I completely concur with the below statement:

Gailey has endured ....

criticism from people who are looking for a scapegoat to dump the miserable state of affairs on. It has taken many years and many bad moves by persons other than Gailey to put the team where it is.

I was unhappy when Gailey was announced as head coach, but he has won me over. I think he is the right coach to turn the Bills around. Call me crazy, but I think there are more than a few fans who feel the way I do. Also, last year's draft was not awful, even if Spiller didn't produce (hopefully he turns it around this year).

Am I just a homer, incapable of recognizing "bad moves" by our beloved organization? No. In fact, I am often quite pessimistic about the Bills, but Chan Gailey and his tenure so far have me believing that our team could be on the right track.

Edited by NickelCity

Just for the hell of it, I completely concur with the below statement:

Gailey has endured ....

I was unhappy when Gailey was announced as head coach, but he has won me over. I think he is the right coach to turn the Bills around. Call me crazy, but I think there are more than a few fans who feel the way I do. Also, last year's draft was not awful, even if Spiller didn't produce (hopefully he turns it around this year).

Am I just a homer, incapable of recognizing "bad moves" by our beloved organization? No. In fact, I am often quite pessimistic about the Bills, but Chan Gailey and his tenure so far have me believing that our team could be on the right track.

Exactly why do you guys feel determined to defend the mistakes and miscues? This head coach didn't do a darn thing to improve the team last season, he only made it worse. The ONLY bright spot was Fitz who was running for his life 1/2 the time because this new head coach / GM didn't upgrade the O line. In case you missed it the team got worse then it was under Jauron at 4-12... Fewell did better, Jauron. did better Defending a coach who made the team worse then it already was makes no sense to me

. This man needs to win more then 4 games to win me over, just as the rest of the team needs to improve besides the passing game.

Speaking of Fitz, as well as the guy played last season half the posters here want to draft a QB with that 3rd pick, another idea that makes no sense to me.

You STILL didn't answer the question. I still wanna know who you think is going to "load up" this team.

I have a tough time believing your over 50 years old considering how you want to keep defending Chan Gailey ....considering some of the bad moves he has already made. Did you defend Dick Jauron also? I can recall a 30+ page post a few years back from someone defending Jauron and all his moves.

BTW, I had season tickets from 89 to 94, 4 great seats close to the field, but gave them up when I saw the team going downhill, plus I took my family to all 4 super bowls, and watched my team lose firsthand. I'll support a winning team, just not going to support a loser, and I never will. I've been well aware of Mr Ralph Wilson's frugality when it comes to paying head coaches, and I was really upset when he didn't keep Knox. Although its my right to rail, B word and moan... I don't consider what I'm doing as complaining, all I'm doing is pointing out the cold hard truth about the errors this coaching staff keeps making.

""I am defending Gailey against what I consider to be unfair criticism from people who are looking for a scapegoat to dump the miserable state of affairs on. It has taken many years and many bad moves by persons other than Gailey to put the team where it is.""

How is it "unfair criticism" if I point out the truth? Isn't the current head coach responsible for the players brought in under his watch? I was pointing out Cornell Green and CJ Spiller who were both brought in last year.

Every time I witness the Bills make a stupid move I'll come to this forum and post about it, just like I do when they make a great move.

I'm not surprised you're having a tough time believing my age.

I never, ever defended Dickie the J. Ever. EVER. Got it?

The rest of your post is rehash with the exception of you stating that you are not going to support a loser. Now there's a surprise. Define "loser."

No. I do not think the HC is necessarily responsible for players brought in under his watch. What proof do you have that Gailey has the final say in that? Any?

Again: you don't like Gailey or Mr. Wilson. You don't support losers. We get it. I get it. The whole effing board gets it. How many more times are you going to feel compelled to restate the same points over and over again?

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills, whether they're winning 4 AFC Championships in a row or 2-14. I was born in Buffalo General Hospital and my dad was a Fire Fighter for the city of Buffalo....Engine 18. They are MY team. They were my Dad's team, his entire life. I thought Jauron was utterly useless and that the team won in spite of him, not because of him. That is my "opinion", not egotistically and erroneously defined as "truth." Opinion.

I disliked Jauron more than you will ever dislike Gailey and Mr. Wilson, combined. And I bitched, pissed, railed and moaned about him on this board a LOT.

But. Somewhere along the line, I decided that I had made my point, stated my point and should move on.

No hard feelings, Harv. You are entitled to your opinions.

Edited by DrFishfinder

I'm not surprised you're having a tough time believing my age.

I never, ever defended Dickie the J. Ever. EVER. Got it?

The rest of your post is rehash with the exception of you stating that you are not going to support a loser. Now there's a surprise. Define "loser."

No. I do not think the HC is necessarily responsible for players brought in under his watch. What proof do you have that Gailey has the final say in that? Any?

Again: you don't like Gailey or Mr. Wilson. You don't support losers. We get it. I get it. The whole effing board gets it. How many more times are you going to feel compelled to restate the same points over and over again?

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills, whether they're winning 4 AFC Championships in a row or 2-14. I was born in Buffalo General Hospital and my dad was a Fire Fighter for the city of Buffalo....Engine 18. They are MY team. They were my Dad's team, his entire life. I thought Jauron was utterly useless and that the team won in spite of him, not because of him. That is my "opinion", not egotistically and erroneously defined as "truth." Opinion.

I disliked Jauron more than you will ever dislike Gailey and Mr. Wilson, combined. And I bitched, pissed, railed and moaned about him on this board a LOT.

But. Somewhere along the line, I decided that I had made my point, stated my point and should move on.

No hard feelings, Harv. You are entitled to your opinions.

Yea DrFish, no hard feelings here either, we are both Bills fans. My father was a Bills fan,as are all my brothers. Heck, my son buys season tickets, and although every year I try and persuade him not to do so, he still does. I can recall my dad cheering for the Bills in the 60's. I just had other things on my mind at that period in time :)

Believe it or not I don't hate RW or CG, tho it is a love-hate relationship being a Bills fan at times, and in all honesty I don't dislike RW or CG as men. The thing I dislike about the owner is that he tends to hire people he thinks he can trust, he likes to promote from within the org, and likes to reward loyalty. Nothing wrong with that really if you still make the right choices. As we look back now over the history of the Buffalo Bills about the only time that paid off for RW was with Bill Polian. The man hired Stew Barber to be his GM, ex player and complete Idiot as a GM- The man hired Kay Stephenson to be his HC, ex Bills QB, and complete Idiot as a HC, although he did draft Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly and change the helmet color from white to red.

Mr Ralph Wilson isn't flashy, like he states. He dives to games (or used to) in a Ford Taurus (probably a rental) waving to Bills fans in the parking lot as he drives in on game day. The man can afford to roll up in a limo, or a Rolls Royce if he wanted. Point is, sometimes he should be flashy and hire a flashy HC like he did with Chuck Knox. That HC got the job done with a complete fool as his GM in Stew Barber. Knox was a supreme motivator and took a bunch of ordinary players and made them believe they were a playoff team.OTOH Marv Levy needed Bill Polian as GM, and is regularly crucified in this forum daily by many posters for the job he did as a GM. Levy was a good motivator, and HC. Perhaps Marv's his best trait as a HC was his ability to hire the right assistant coaches, like Ted Marchibroda. Ole Ted was the one responsible for the K -gun / no huddle offense, one of the highest scoring NFL offenses ever.

The point to this post is that although I didn't like Dick Jauron as a HC, and still don't even like him as a DC, as I've come to loath the Tampa 2 defense. The man is still very well respected throughout the NFL as one of the hardest working coaches ever, his players loved him and played their hearts out for him every game. Believe me or not, Dick Jauron did a better job in his first year in almost every aspect then Chan Gailey has done so far. But perhaps that was because the much hated GM Marv Levy was behind Jauron making those moves to build up the O line, hiring Steve Fairchild away from St Louis to install that Mike Martz high powered offense. It seems that every single thing Marv Levy did as GM was taken apart by Jauron after Levy retired as GM. As bad as people perceive Levy to be as GM, his replacement was far far worse, RW didn't hire a replacement and let Jauron become the de facto HC-GM.

From what I've witnessed so far from Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix, both are as incompetent as GM and HC as Dick Jauron was ...I see them both getting fired and replaced within 2 years. Its OK you guys don't see it yet....you will!

I know I have this overblown ego, but bear with me here. Did Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey bring in a new RT last off season by the name of Cornell Green, and pay him 3 mill a year to play RT or not? Did Green play very poorly, then get some mysterious injury so he was benched, and then was quietly released during the year? Did Buddy Nix then resort to pulling in guys off the street to play RT during the coarse of the year?

What part of that is erroneous? what part am I lying about, what part isn't the truth? If Chan Gailey and or Buddy Nix aren't responsible for obtaining a bad player and letting him start, then who is, Dick Jauron?

Feel free to continue to admonish me for repeating the points I've been trying to get you to acknowledge. Nevermind the fact that the points are an honest, valid look at one single area of ineptitude and incompetency by this new staff. I get that you don't want to answer, I get that you want to defend a coach worse then Dick Jauron. I also get that you won't answer what I've put to you over and over in my question, who exactly is going to "load up" this team. Its OK, I get it.

You are entitled to your opinions as well, just remember them 2 years from now.