Simple Things in Life

ajzepp

I've always been the sort of person who can be pretty happy without a whole lot, so it just got me to thinking about what other people find happiness in doing that may be considered "simple".

I decided to take a couple days off this week to rest up my back, and right now I'm sitting in my living room...door to my 3rd floor deck open with my dogs out there on a nice warm, breezy, sunny Atlanta day...typing to my TBD buddies online and waiting for my Braves game to come back from rain delay. This is a pretty damn nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon, IMO. I'll worry about tonight's plans later, but for the time being I'm very content enjoying my day as is.

What are some ways that you guys find enjoyment from simple circumstances?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been the sort of person who can be pretty happy without a whole lot, so it just got me to thinking about what other people find happiness in doing that may be considered "simple".

I decided to take a couple days off this week to rest up my back, and right now I'm sitting in my living room...door to my 3rd floor deck open with my dogs out there on a nice warm, breezy, sunny Atlanta day...typing to my TBD buddies online and waiting for my Braves game to come back from rain delay. This is a pretty damn nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon, IMO. I'll worry about tonight's plans later, but for the time being I'm very content enjoying my day as is.

it would be hard to live without sex for me. that's kinda simple.

i remember my mom was talking to me and my brother when i was like 10 and my bro was 12. she said what would you like from a woman when you get married?

my bro said. she needs to cook really well for me everyday.

i said mom, she needs to have sex with me all the time.

true story

i remember my mom was talking to me and my brother when i was like 10 and my bro was 12. she said what would you like from a woman when you get married?

true story

:lol: You're on a roll today, brother

true story

:lol: how did your mom react?

:lol: how did your mom react?

i didnt mention that my 2 older sisters were also in the room/conversation. everyone laughed of course.

they thought i was kidding.

but i wasnt

that was a very cool day. my mom was already divorced by then. she got fixed like she was going to see the president. elegant and the whole bit. but for what? to cook a good meal for her 4 kids. no wonder i love my mom to death.

i didnt mention that my 2 older sisters were also in the room/conversation. everyone laughed of course.

they thought i was kidding.

but i wasnt

that was a very cool day. my mom was already divorced by then. she got fixed like she was going to see the president. elegant and the whole bit. but for what? to cook a good meal for her 4 kids. no wonder i love my mom to death.

Great story

Back to the original question ... Seeing a movie with my wife or just sitting outside on a nice day are events that are cool with me. The older I get the simpler I like things. Work Is hard enough.

Great story

Back to the original question ... Seeing a movie with my wife or just sitting outside on a nice day are events that are cool with me. The older I get the simpler I like things. Work Is hard enough.

It seems like the older I get, the more I appreciate doing exactly that. The other night when we had that super moon thing, I was so enamored with it that I just sat there and stared up into the sky for like thirty mins. Other days, like today, it's satisfying to just watch nature and people outside my apartment go about their day. Just sort of taking everything in, even though there isn't anything THAT exciting going on, is very relaxing and enjoyable.

It seems like the older I get, the more I appreciate doing exactly that. The other night when we had that super moon thing, I was so enamored with it that I just sat there and stared up into the sky for like thirty mins. Other days, like today, it's satisfying to just watch nature and people outside my apartment go about their day. Just sort of taking everything in, even though there isn't anything THAT exciting going on, is very relaxing and enjoyable.

the visitors have blissed you into a stalker!

:lol::lol:

I knew at least you'd get it... :lol:

When the weather gets nice here I love to sit under the umbrella and read a book. Or do the same on the beach. Walks on the beach are nice too. :thumbsup:

Clothing-optional beach?

I knew at least you'd get it... :lol:

LOL definitely...and I'm envious that you have such a vast resource available to you here to take part in that simple pleasure! :lol:

the visitors have blissed you into a stalker!

haha, if only the objects of my sight-seeing were more stalker worthy :)

We don't have those here...oh wait...there's Sauvie Island. :lol:

So I google that, which takes me to Wikipedia (why I don't just go to Wikipedia to start with, I don't know), which has a link to the wiki article for the clothing-optional "Collins Beach"...which said article features a picture of an older man and young lady walking on the beach, au naturel...

...with the caption "Father and daugher."

Eeeeeew..... :ph34r:

So I google that, which takes me to Wikipedia (why I don't just go to Wikipedia to start with, I don't know), which has a link to the wiki article for the clothing-optional "Collins Beach"...which said article features a picture of an older man and young lady walking on the beach, au naturel...

...with the caption "Father and daugher."

Eeeeeew..... :ph34r:

:lol:http://sauvieisland.org/ I find it funny that they don't mention the nude beach on the website but there is one there. :lol:

Edited by LanaK6

Watching the Braves get creamed really cheers me up.

:D

Since I live in My Yami, anytime we beat the Dolphins.

Watching the Braves get creamed really cheers me up.

:D

:nana:

Eating.

Anything in particular?