Holy S***

Thoner7

1.) You called me a Newton Lover, Meaning that you have read previous posts and somehow interpreted my posts as love for Newton. I was simply stating that I did not Love Newton but that the statements filling the pinned Newton post, especially in the beginning before Mayock specifically stated that there is no worry about Newton's ability to throw, were foolish.

2.) No one is talking about Newton except you, you brought it up originally and continue to beat this drum for some reason. Continue with your Master Debating skills.

You won't take the bet because you are a blow-hard that adds zero value to this board. You can't back up your statements with logic or reasoning and when someone calls you to task you start talking about Newton or some other non topic nonsense.

I don't need to listen to Locker's excuses. I watched him play. If you think throwing the ball away when he is under pressure is his major problem you really don't get it.

Nope Wonderlic still matters. You know how I know? Because actual GM's are weary of drafting a QB with a low Wonderlic and on top of that the last 8 Super Bowl winning QBs had an average over 30. The average Wonderlic of all the starting QB's in the NFL in 2010 was 28. So kudos for Marino but Wonderlic still matter. By the way how many Super Bowls did Marino and Kelly win?

Now I remember why you are one of only two people I have on my ignore list. Thanks for the reminder.

Make up all the crap you want because IDC...talk about being a blowhard, you were banging Cash Newtons drum so hard about a month ago it was deafening. You probably have me on ignore because I politily told you to go F yourself in another thread.

If you have me on ignore bright boy then why are you even responding to my posts, I question your wonderlic score :lol: Do us both a favor and keep me on ignore and ignore my posts, considering all you want to do is argue with me.... its not about me.

All I know is that I like Jake Locker, he is a tough kid, and a gamer who will do well in the NFL if given proper guidance, and time to develop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make up all the crap you want because IDC...talk about being a blowhard, you were banging Cash Newtons drum so hard about a month ago it was deafening. You probably have me on ignore because I politily told you to go F yourself in another thread.

If you have me on ignore bright boy then why are you even responding to my posts, I question your wonderlic score :lol: Do us both a favor and keep me on ignore and ignore my posts, considering all you want to do is argue with me.... its not about me.

All I know is that I like Jake Locker, he is a tough kid, and a gamer who will do well in the NFL if given proper guidance, and time to develop

Wait I thought all you knew was Seattle is going to take Jake Locker at #25, I guess you don't know that anymore. You won't put your money where you mouth is, and you keep talking about Cam Newton for some reason.

You seem obsessed with Newton.

Is it because you secretly want to be an entertainer and an icon? You never got your chance to be an icon and now you're jeoulous?

Your non stop discussion of Cam Newton doesn't seem healthy.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Since you've decided to repost your past comments to prove you foresight and supreme eye for talent, we should all use Von Miller as the bar for this season. If I'm correct, you pretty much thinks he'll suck because he weighs 245 and can't stop the run (allegedly) due to your scouting of YouTube videos. Let's revisit this in December.

Deal. He will be a very poor pass rusher and weak at the point of attack. Would make a solid WILL LB in a 4-3 though.

Hey "Thoner 7", you still can't answer the question can you....... Why are you not working for our FO???? I'm glad you have time to look up all your past post to prove somebody you have never seen wrong... I don't want to hear about your dumb curse either.... Besides your past posts and what you read in articles, what makes you a better evaluator than our FO? Any time in the NFL coaching??? Do you have access to film?? Any of those players that you mention that you wanted over Spiller would have done better with our first year staff??? I really don't see your point with Spiller. O please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Lynch playing the first part of the year because maybe the FO was shopping him? Do you really think that Nix and company thought they were going to a Super Bowl their first year??? Come on Dude!!!!! They knew this is a rebuilding stage from the ground up.... THE GROUND!!!! HENCE RB!!!!!! Can you really say we took a step backwards last year??? I say we went forward. I've said this before, besides the Vikings, Packers, last Patriots and both Jets games, we were in the rest of those games.. Do you disagree???? Please though, make some decsions for our team so we all can see them finally win the BIG ONE!!!

:beer:

On that note I need a beer!

- Because they won't hire me.

- Results.

- If a team is rebuilding, the last position they should look at is RB, Especailly when it is your most-stacked position.

- Maybe. Gailey denied that, but I didnt believe me. Correct me if I am wrong, but Lynch produced more than Spiller when he had the ball.

- 6-10in 2009 and 4-12 in 2010. Our RB position is also weaker than it was last season after spending a top 10 pick on the position. Yes we took a step backwards last season.

- Yes. We were close in a bunch of games under Dickie J too. All NFL games are designed to be close. Losing close games doesnt make you good, winning close games makes you good. 3-4 points in the NFL is huge and is not easy to make up.

Edited by Thoner7

- If a team is rebuilding, the last position they should look at is RB, Especailly when it is your most-stacked position.[/font]

- Maybe. Gailey denied that, but I didnt believe me. Correct me if I am wrong, but Lynch produced more than Spiller when he had the ball. [/font]- 6-10in 2009 and 4-12 in 2010. Our RB position is also weaker than it was last season after spending a top 10 pick on the position. Yes we took a step backwards last season.

The point you are making is the same point that NY Bill has has exasperatedly made since Spiller was taken. As you smartly point out from a rebuilding standpoint it made little sense. Rebuilding teams take in the range of 3-4 yrs to get back to a competitive level. The life span of a back is relatively short, especially a scat back type back. By the time the team gets to the level of being serious the back is on the downside of his career.

The way to rebuild a team is to focus on building the lines (both sides) and then pursue your skill positions. From an offensive standpoint if you get your OL established then you will be better able to get more production from your skill positions, including your qb play.

Buddy Nix made the point that Spiller was a highly ranked player who was taken in the vicinity of where he was ranked. That is true. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't a luxury pick for a team still needing to address its basic needs.

Anyone can offer "what if" scenarios. If the Bills could have moved done a bit, even with a minimal return, and taken a player such as Bulaga or Iuapati, wouldn't our OL look much better with either one of those type of prospects at RT, now an area of need? If you look at how Nix approached the draft after the first round I think he had a reasonably sound strategy in the draft. But in my view the Spiller pick was a missed opportunity for a franchise whose margin of error is very limited.

Edited by JohnC

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

You'll hvae to scroll down a little to read it. It was taken from an ESPN Insider article which I dont have access too.

But holy freaking crap. I knew the Bills had the worst FO in all of football, but even I didnt think they were that bad. Jake Locker is horrible. He doesnt even warrent a draft selection at all. How can anybody watch this guy and see anything other than abismal? The Bills are absolutely on the wrong course if these rumors are true.

Von Miller at least puts up a good smokescreen, but Locker? WTF? :sick:

First off, it is spelled "WARRANT" and "ABYSMAL".

Secondly, one year ago the majority of people here would have been thrilled to see Jake Locker hold up a Bills uniform at the draft. While Locker is a different prospect than Andrew Luck he was in a similar position in terms of being the guy everyone rated highly previous to the year they exited the college football scene. The fact of the matter is if the Bills like a guy, they take him(see: Spiller, CJ & Whitner, Donte). I'm not going to advocate that as a strategy, but it is worth noting. Personally they could take anyone they want with that pick, I will still be a Bills fan and root for that player to do well. No sense is being bitter regarding the draft, it is a time for hope in an otherwise relatively hopeless environment and I welcome that.

Please limit your posts to one major spelling or grammatical error per paragraph. Thank you.

First off, it is spelled "WARRANT" and "ABYSMAL".

Secondly, one year ago the majority of people here would have been thrilled to see Jake Locker hold up a Bills uniform at the draft. While Locker is a different prospect than Andrew Luck he was in a similar position in terms of being the guy everyone rated highly previous to the year they exited the college football scene. The fact of the matter is if the Bills like a guy, they take him(see: Spiller, CJ & Whitner, Donte). I'm not going to advocate that as a strategy, but it is worth noting. Personally they could take anyone they want with that pick, I will still be a Bills fan and root for that player to do well. No sense is being bitter regarding the draft, it is a time for hope in an otherwise relatively hopeless environment and I welcome that.

Please limit your posts to one major spelling or grammatical error per paragraph. Thank you.

This is revisionist history and untrue. In April of 2009 there may have been people clamoring for Locker.

This time last year Jake Locker completed a 5-7 season where he had 21TDs, 11Int and 58% completion percentage.

He did not "disappointed" his Senior Year. He actually had pretty much the same season with 2 more wins 6-6 a Bowl game 17TDs 9Ints and a 55% completion percentage.

He is just not good he has less than a career .300 winning percentage in college as a starter (yeah everyone at Washington was horrible with Jake Locker the lone exception for some reason.) and 20 Wonderlic with huge accuracy issues.

If his name was Lake Jocker he wouldn't be in contention for an UDFA contract.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Deal. He will be a very poor pass rusher and weak at the point of attack. Would make a solid WILL LB in a 4-3 though.

- Because they won't hire me.

- Results.

- If a team is rebuilding, the last position they should look at is RB, Especailly when it is your most-stacked position.

- Maybe. Gailey denied that, but I didnt believe me. Correct me if I am wrong, but Lynch produced more than Spiller when he had the ball.

- 6-10in 2009 and 4-12 in 2010. Our RB position is also weaker than it was last season after spending a top 10 pick on the position. Yes we took a step backwards last season.

- Yes. We were close in a bunch of games under Dickie J too. All NFL games are designed to be close. Losing close games doesnt make you good, winning close games makes you good. 3-4 points in the NFL is huge and is not easy to make up.

- Of course they won't hire you. How far did you get with your Football career? College ball? I will admit that you do your research, but it upsets me to see you that negative about OUR team. Nobody on these boards even know what the FO is thinking. We blabber on these things from rumors and articles. I'm sure draft day will be another year of us scratching our heads.

- Results? Funny how you avoided the question about, would any of those players that you mentioned would have been better than Spiller. (I don't think so. we have to many holes) Maybe, just maybe some of those guys played on better teams. Just saying!!!

- Yes you are right about the RB position at this time last year, we were stacked. I do agree with JohnC that it starts with the lines. I won't lie, I did scratch my head when we picked Spiller, but I want to believe that there is a plan in place to get OUR team in the right direction. Yes Lynch had more yards then Spiller before he was traded. God, I would hope so after being in the league for three years. I believe they were shopping Lynch the whole time. Even before the season started.

- I'm suprised that you believe we took a step backwards... I'll leave that one alone and agree to disagree.

- It is about winning the close ones, but I feel we were more competitive then we were in the 08 and 09 season under DJ aka "Skeletor". Just my opinion, but it has been fun arguing with you on this topic. Not only that, we are way off the subject which you started in the first place. Jake Locker..

:wallbash:

Edited by little buffalo

Wait I thought all you knew was Seattle is going to take Jake Locker at #25, I guess you don't know that anymore. You won't put your money where you mouth is, and you keep talking about Cam Newton for some reason.

You seem obsessed with Newton.

Is it because you secretly want to be an entertainer and an icon? You never got your chance to be an icon and now you're jeoulous?

Your non stop discussion of Cam Newton doesn't seem healthy.

Like I said in the above post, its not about me...get a grip willya :lol:

12 times, really? go have a beer...jeez

Edited by Harvey lives

Locker would have been a top 10 pick last year and now all of a sudden he is awful? Heck, people here wanted us to draft him last year if he came out!

That what im saying too. People last year wanted locker so bad. Now this year people dont want him..And people was hoping andrew lock enter draft this year, but he not..Now next year people going too say dont draft luck? hmmm

- Of course they won't hire you. How far did you get with your Football career? College ball? I will admit that you do your research, but it upsets me to see you that negative about OUR team. Nobody on these boards even know what the FO is thinking. We blabber on these things from rumors and articles. I'm sure draft day will be another year of us scratching our heads.

- Results? Funny how you avoided the question about, would any of those players that you mentioned would have been better than Spiller. (I don't think so. we have to many holes) Maybe, just maybe some of those guys played on better teams. Just saying!!!

- Yes you are right about the RB position at this time last year, we were stacked. I do agree with JohnC that it starts with the lines. I won't lie, I did scratch my head when we picked Spiller, but I want to believe that there is a plan in place to get OUR team in the right direction. Yes Lynch had more yards then Spiller before he was traded. God, I would hope so after being in the league for three years. I believe they were shopping Lynch the whole time. Even before the season started.

- I'm suprised that you believe we took a step backwards... I'll leave that one alone and agree to disagree.

- It is about winning the close ones, but I feel we were more competitive then we were in the 08 and 09 season under DJ aka "Skeletor". Just my opinion, but it has been fun arguing with you on this topic. Not only that, we are way off the subject which you started in the first place. Jake Locker..

:wallbash:

- I didn’t play in college. I had a bunch of offers to but I decided to played Lacrosse in college. Not that it really matters anyway, great players don’t always make great coaches or scouts or trainers or anything. Im sorry if I am negative about our drafting, but I am not a blind optimist. Anyone who looks at our history knows we drop the ball 95% of the time. The truth just hurts sometimes, don’t kill the messenger

- Yes, results. The players I wanted would have been just as good on the Bills, in fact they would be our best players. You cannot caulk up the success of every player because of the guy next to him, because what makes that guy good, and the guy behind him? Or in front of him? Eventually, they players themselves have to be good and not just rely on everyone else to somehow magically do their job for them. If that wast the case then what was Strouds excuse? He was next to K Williams after all… I believe players are good all on their own, but I do admit players benefit from other great players. I also admit that is not the reason why Whitner, McCargo, Losman, maybin, McKelvin, and Spiller have been disappointments to date. Beside, the Bills have no one to blame but themselves when claiming “we don’t have enough talent”

Bulaga for example – he had to block all those great Steelers LBs in the SB… its not like someone else did it. He had to block Peppers in the NFC Championship game too. And Patrick Kerney the game before that. Unless of course you think the great play of the RG somehow stopped those guys from getting to the QB? It also just isn’t about Spiller, its about Troup, Maybin, McKelvin, McCargo, Whitner, all of them. If you think they all would be superstars on other teams then that’s what you think. If you think guys like Orakpo and Gronkowksi and DRC and Mangold and Ngata would have somehow sucked and been busts on the Bills then that’s what you think. I don’t believe that for a second, and I chalk it up to the Bills FO being putrid.

What about Orakpo? Do you think that he wouldn’t be able to contribute on special teams if we drafted him? He had 11 sacks as a rookie – is the reason that maybin has ZERO in his career really all coaching? I think it has something to do with Orakpo and Maybin as individual football players. The difference in their NFL potential was extremely evident on my television screen all season long. Evident things that the Bills FO has repeated been unable to see, while a former HS football player with basic cable can see those things clearly on the TV screen.

I’m not saying I’m some prodigy, I’m just saying the Bills are so astronomically bad at identifying NFL talent coming out of college that words cannot truly explain just how bad they really are.

PS: Jake Locker still stinks. I say still because he always stunk – even last year when McShay said he was a lock for #1 overall. He wasn’t any good last year and he was even worse this year.

And RECCEO, my grammar sucks, my spelling sucks, and my typing is with worst of them all. Thanks for the pointers those Sister Nancy.

- I didn't play in college. I had a bunch of offers to but I decided to played Lacrosse in college. Not that it really matters anyway, great players don't always make great coaches or scouts or trainers or anything. Im sorry if I am negative about our drafting, but I am not a blind optimist. Anyone who looks at our history knows we drop the ball 95% of the time. The truth just hurts sometimes, don't kill the messenger

- Yes, results. The players I wanted would have been just as good on the Bills, in fact they would be our best players. You cannot caulk up the success of every player because of the guy next to him, because what makes that guy good, and the guy behind him? Or in front of him? Eventually, they players themselves have to be good and not just rely on everyone else to somehow magically do their job for them. If that wast the case then what was Strouds excuse? He was next to K Williams after all… I believe players are good all on their own, but I do admit players benefit from other great players. I also admit that is not the reason why Whitner, McCargo, Losman, maybin, McKelvin, and Spiller have been disappointments to date. Beside, the Bills have no one to blame but themselves when claiming "we don't have enough talent"

Bulaga for example he had to block all those great Steelers LBs in the SB… its not like someone else did it. He had to block Peppers in the NFC Championship game too. And Patrick Kerney the game before that. Unless of course you think the great play of the RG somehow stopped those guys from getting to the QB? It also just isn't about Spiller, its about Troup, Maybin, McKelvin, McCargo, Whitner, all of them. If you think they all would be superstars on other teams then that's what you think. If you think guys like Orakpo and Gronkowksi and DRC and Mangold and Ngata would have somehow sucked and been busts on the Bills then that's what you think. I don't believe that for a second, and I chalk it up to the Bills FO being putrid.

What about Orakpo? Do you think that he wouldn't be able to contribute on special teams if we drafted him? He had 11 sacks as a rookie is the reason that maybin has ZERO in his career really all coaching? I think it has something to do with Orakpo and Maybin as individual football players. The difference in their NFL potential was extremely evident on my television screen all season long. Evident things that the Bills FO has repeated been unable to see, while a former HS football player with basic cable can see those things clearly on the TV screen.

I'm not saying I'm some prodigy, I'm just saying the Bills are so astronomically bad at identifying NFL talent coming out of college that words cannot truly explain just how bad they really are.

PS: Jake Locker still stinks. I say still because he always stunk even last year when McShay said he was a lock for #1 overall. He wasn't any good last year and he was even worse this year.

And RECCEO, my grammar sucks, my spelling sucks, and my typing is with worst of them all. Thanks for the pointers those Sister Nancy.

Most fans that come to this board and post are all well aware of the ineptitude that permeates throughout this franchise, about the only thing this team has been good at over the last decade is marketing, and selling season tickets. The owner made himself president after he fired Tom Donahoe and the team has gone down hill since then... in almost every aspect ....besides the ticket sales!

Looking around the NFL the last ten years or so about the only team that even comes close to the ineptitude of the Buffalo Bills in terms of player acquisition was the Detroit Lions when Matt Millen was president of the team. Lets face facts here, nobody really knows how much influence or input the owner has had in the drafts for the last ten years, but considering he is the president and has a reputation of having his nose in everything, he takes all the responsibility.Just to show how the owner of this team disregards fan intelligence, he boldly states that the player talent is lacking, and yet he himself is entire reason the team lacks talent.

Anyway, I have no faith that this team will select anyone of any value at any position in the upcoming draft simply because of their past history of bad draft choices.

Carolina-Denver-Buffalo-Cincy-Arizona-San Fran-Tenn-Minn-Miami-Jacksonville-Seattle all lack a true a "franchise" QB. I can see Gabbert-Locker-Newton-Ponder-Mallett all going in the first round, there is even a rumor that NE is looking long and hard at Ponder with their late first round pick

Edited by Harvey lives