Celibrate Good Times Come On

I can't believe I'm actually replying to this, but you're actually making some rambling sense here.

Religion is one more tool in the toolbox, and an absolutely powerful, immutable, infallible tool at that.

I always make sense.

The only difference is: you are making, if we take you at your word, an effort at modulating what you are willing to tolerate and/or listen to. It must be liberating for you to leave all that tolerant, yet intolerant, liberal hypocrisy behind.

There are plenty of religious people I know and have worked with that are solid. Christ, most of the large consulting firms have a significant Mormon contingent. That's because Mormons are willing to work long hours when we have to without bitching, and you don't have to worry about them getting jammed up with vices. The consulting business doesn't suffer fools, or close-minded idiots, or ignorance for very long. If Mormons can be successful in it, then they can't be as foolish, close-minded and ignorant as the average liberal maintains.

Also, most people have the same want to be every bit as compassionate as you. Most of us share your motives.

The difference is: the wiser among us know, because we have seen it objectively, that the methods liberals think will be an effective way of translating that compassion into results either fails, or is actually a phony way to pay off their constituents for votes.

I am not being cynical, I'm just describing the success record of liberal policy for the last 60 years in an historically accurate manner.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always make sense.

The only difference is: you are making, if we take you at your word, an effort at modulating what you are willing to tolerate and/or listen to. It must be liberating for you to leave all that tolerant, yet intolerant, liberal hypocrisy behind.

There are plenty of religious people I know and have worked with that are solid. Christ, most of the large consulting firms have a significant Mormon contingent. That's because Mormons are willing to work long hours when we have to without bitching, and you don't have to worry about them getting jammed up with vices. The consulting business doesn't suffer fools, or close-minded idiots, or ignorance for very long. If Mormons can be successful in it, then they can't be as foolish, close-minded and ignorant as the average liberal maintains.

Also, most people have the same want to be every bit as compassionate as you. Most of us share your motives.

The difference is: the wiser among us know, because we have seen it objectively, that the methods liberals think will be an effective way of translating that compassion into results either fails, or is actually a phony way to pay off their constituents for votes.

I am not being cynical, I'm just describing the success record of liberal policy for the last 60 years in an historically accurate manner.

Thanks for the reminder as to why I ignore your posts.

I always make sense.

I think this is a very good post all around. Ive posted before that I'm atheist. Not proud or ashamed of it and it does make me objective. Objective enough to appreciate the positive effect of the belief in god as it pertains to the creation of the Constitution and Declaration Of Independence. Has to be considered a good thing.

Also have to back up OC with the Mormon thing. I have two that have worked here for approximately 4 years. Solid is a good way to describe them. Good workers. Dependable as hell. Not missing days because of alcohol or drugs. In fact,one guy never missed a day for two years until he took a two year hiatus to go on a mission. The other guy(who used to drive the other to work here) only missed one day. That was the day after his wife gave birth and even then he still drove the other guy to work!! In contrast, a artist that works here(no religion that I'm aware of) took 3 weeks when his wife hatched.

That said, the middle east is another story. They can fry each other with tactical nukes for all I care.

Edited by Dante