• Robert Quinn
    • AJ Green
    • Patrick Peterson
    • Prince Amukamara
    • Von MIller
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Cameron Jordan
    • Other

Wow, I am completely shocked at the results here. Currently...Dareus 42 votes...Fairley 6 votes. What the bleep?????? Are you people serious?????

What the heck did Nick Fairley do wrong? The guy came in shape, said the right things, did great in the drills, showed that he was fast in the 40, has the prefect body type for what we need. In fact I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Nick Fairley looks like the second coming of Bruce Smith. Long arms, long legs, absolutely menacing towards lineman and QBs alike. Yet there are 42 people voting for the rotund Dareus who is a DT at the next level. He's not a DE, did you see his big wide body?

I just found this article which sums up my feelings...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/39883/is-fairley-being-fairly-evaluated

"If six or seven NFL general managers pass on him come April, the joke's on them."

You have a guy like Bowers who was hands down the best prospect going into college, however he never reached the level people thought he'd reach. That's a bad sign. Then you have a guy like Fairley who came from a JUCO, adjusted then became the most feared defensive lineman in the country. That's a very good sign, his talent and skills is on the accent. But people here are enamored with Dareus' very solid 4 year effort defensive lineman over a monster player like Fairley. I just do not get Fairley's fall from grace. I think people have lost their minds here.

I'll go out on a limb and say his fall from grace is due to his body being compared to Dareus. Their numbers at te combine are nearly identical, yet Dareus weighs 25 pounds more. Our biggest weakness is stopping the run, so naturally, we'd prefer to have a bigger stronger stouter player. When college football season ended, it was a no brainer to me that ,If fairley is there, we take him over anyone in the draft. For whatever reason....cough:combine:cough, I think I prefer Dareus more. This coming from a guy who prefers the smaller Miller over Quinn.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know who this guy is, but he might be a good pick.

youtube.com/watch?v=lb4Mx5E6QnA&feature=player_embedded

hahaha, that is some nasty "pick" right there.

That is John Moffitt, from now on aka Nasty pick.

Edited by Fixxxer

My expectation on draft day is:

1. Carolina - Cam Newton QB Auburn

2. Denver - Patrick Peterson CB LSU

3. Buffalo - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri

just sayin.

One of those players has a chance to be a top 3 pick, the other two are idiotic...I'll let yu figure out which one it is

One of those players has a chance to be a top 3 pick, the other two are idiotic...I'll let yu figure out which one it is

That's easy (Gabbert), but Peterson isn't that far out of the top 3.

Newton in the top 3, OTOH, is completely idiotic - unless, of course, you mean the top 3 on day 2.

I voted for Dareus in your first poll and I am sticking to it.

The guy is what we need, I still believe that stopping the run has to be first priority in this draft because they sucked so bad last year on D.

Bowers or Miller our my only options after him.