When an Ambulance causes an accident...

gmac17

What is the fastest you guys will travel? You, yourself, and your crew? (Speed / posted speed)?

What about others? How fast will some others go? Cops?

I remember in Charlotte Police officers were getting tickets by the speed cams, they were forced to pay them, too. Unless they were running with lights on or whatever; if I remember correctly, the biggest offenders were the police. Anyway, they did away with them, thankfully.Anyone traveling to a race in Bristol needs to learn about the cameras there, though!

The police?

What is the fastest you guys will travel? You, yourself, and your crew? (Speed / posted speed)?

What about others? How fast will some others go? Cops?

I remember in Charlotte Police officers were getting tickets by the speed cams, they were forced to pay them, too. Unless they were running with lights on or whatever; if I remember correctly, the biggest offenders were the police. Anyway, they did away with them, thankfully.

Anyone traveling to a race in Bristol needs to learn about the cameras there, though!

I just cleared as a basic medic so I need to do that for a while before driver training (thats how my company does it) but we've gone 75 in a 55 to a location.

In the insurance world, when any emergency vehicle gets into an accident with their lights/sirens on, it is nearly inpossible to put ANY fault on them. They have to show "gross negligence". Try proving that when they have they sirens and lights on.

Bingo! Like I said earlier about all other vehicles being "burdened." Almost like a rear-end collision or like when you are skiing (opposite of this ambulance situation: because when lights and horns are on... ALL other traffic should come to a stop)... The "up" hill skier always is burdened... If they hit the "down" hill person (down the hill from them), they were NOT in control enough, following too closely, or whatever... No matter what the schmoe in front of them did to "cause" the collision.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois