Preseason ripoff

RVJ

I always hated paying full price for the preseason. i didn't mind losing a game to Toronto, as long as they had a preseason game to.

It really ticks me off having to pay for two preseasons with only 7 home games. And this 16% charge (twice) if you use the payment plan. On top of that, they hold your money for 6 months...Anyone else sick of this NFL (Ralph) power grab ?

I always hated paying full price for the preseason. i didn't mind losing a game to Toronto, as long as they had a preseason game to.

It really ticks me off having to pay for two preseasons with only 7 home games. And this 16% charge (twice) if you use the payment plan. On top of that, they hold your money for 6 months...Anyone else sick of this NFL (Ralph) power grab ?

With a new CBA and a possible expanded season, that ratio/percentage you cite could very well change.

The proposals by the owners point to fan dissatisfaction with paying for preseason games as one of the reasons for expanding the regular season and possibly, reducing the preseason to three games.

I wouldn't get too upset about this at the moment.

If the Bills, like some clubs, are requiring a deposit on season tickets, I understand how that's a bit vexing (especially because if there is no season the teams would make money on deposit interest before refunding the money).

But even if you give the team money, you don't know what you'll actually be paying for at this moment. It could be 9 (8 for the Bills) regular season games and 1 preseason game by the time the smoke clears.

i wouldnt complain about ralph making a power grab. everything (besides toronto) is standard issue around the league.

if you want to have steam come out of your ears try this situation on for size. I have 3rd row, awesome seats against the saints player tunnel in the corner of the endzone, and with the renovations they will be eliminating the first 20 rows of the section i am in, and essentially widening that tunnel/moving it over some. i have been given the priveledge of having to fully prepay for seats that do not exist, for a season that may not exist, on the promise that once we find out who hasnt renewed we will relocate you accordingly, and figure out if you owe extra money or we will just apply the overpayment to the 2012 seasons/2011 playoff invoice.

ps- in the end i look at it as 6 of one or a half dozen of the other on the preseason tickets - would i rather pay half price? yea. but do i know that my season tickets would just bump up $5 a game? yea. its really a total package you are looking at, and they are going to get X revenue from that seat for 10 butts sitting in it. if its my butt all ten games, i dont much mind if its a flat rate, or priced with variations.

I hate how the media causes this critical mass thing that makes everybody in lockstep on a position......For example, in 2003, Tom Donahoe was thought of as our savior. Two years later, he was an idiot who should be ridden out of town. Mainly because he pissed off GR and some other media members.

I see the same thing happening on the 18 game schedule. I hear Jim Rome and just about every other media member calling the NFL hypocrites for saying they are doing all these things to protect players and yet they want to go to an 18 game schedule. That's not hypocritical - you can try to protect the players and still play more games. If the game is so brutal that playing two more games is so horrible, maybe we should rethink playing the game at all.

Take the media out, and I think this is a no brainer - in fact, I've heard the media calling for for less preseason/more regular season for years. Now, because it happens to be the year where all this head injury stuff is really coming to a head (no pun intended), they reversed course.

And, the thing that I think sucks is that then the fans have, too. I think on this site there was a poll and I've seen them elsewhere and nobody seems to want the 18 game schedule. It's like their lemmings. Why would you not want more regular season and less preseason?!?

My guess is they, not like myself and the OP, are not season ticket holders. Preseason games at regular season prices are the ultimate ripoff, and this year is the worst - I'll gladly do it like last year - TO takes one regular, but also one preseason gets taken off our hands. But, the years like this one - where we get less regular than anybody in the league, but still get ripped off for two preseason is friggin horrible.

If the NFL does go to 18-game seasons...and I don't see a CBA being agreed to until they drop that idea, it wouldn't be until 2012...not this year...and preseason games would drop to 2, except for any Hall of Fame Game or American Bowl participants which would get 2

And, the thing that I think sucks is that then the fans have, too. I think on this site there was a poll and I've seen them elsewhere and nobody seems to want the 18 game schedule. It's like their lemmings. Why would you not want more regular season and less preseason?!?
because the team needs those preseason games to evaluate talent and there's been a lot of injuries with 16 games....be even worse with 18...plus there will be more meaningless games at the end of the season...oh, and I'm saying this as a 16-year season ticket holder...when you count 2011 which I've already paid for Edited by The_Philster

College teams somehow do it without any preseason games. I don't see how it makes for more meaningless games at the end of the schedule. I do know it would eliminate two for sure meaningless games at the beginning of the schedule.