MM to get Coach of Year Consideration?

BenchBledsoe

He certainly won't win it, but isn't MM going to get some consideration and a few votes for the Coach of The Year Award?

If they finish 10-6 or 9-7 I think he should finish about 3rd or 4th in the balloting.

MM's shown the team resiliency, if nothing else. Compare MM to Tom Coughlin, who some on this board were clamoring for earlier this year! Glad we didn't hire that guy. He loses his teams quickly with his drill sergeant approach.

The future is indeed bright for the Bills with MM, me thinks.

He certainly won't win it, but isn't MM going to get some consideration and a few votes for the Coach of The Year Award?

If they finish 10-6 or 9-7 I think he should finish about 3rd or 4th in the balloting.

MM's shown the team resiliency, if nothing else. Compare MM to Tom Coughlin, who some on this board were clamoring for earlier this year! Glad we didn't hire that guy. He loses his teams quickly with his drill sergeant approach.

The future is indeed bright for the Bills with MM, me thinks.

159173[/snapback]

He'll probably garner some votes, though it looks like Marty Schot and Jim Mora have the real battle locked up.

I think Coach of the Year awards in sports are stupid. It almost always goes to the coach whose team showed the most improvement over the following year. Schottenheimer will win the award most certainly. Are we to believe that he is somehow coaching better this year than last year? Is he coaching better than Bill Belicheck?

Having said all that, I think TD nailed the coaching pick with Mularkey. I like his game day decisions, the offensive game planning/creativity and his overall demeanor. I think we have a keeper for a coach.

Schottenheimer is almost as much of a lock for coach of the year as Roethlisberger is for rookie of the year. It must be the year of long German names when it comes to individual awards in the NFL this year. Who takes MVP and how many syllables in his last name?

I'm very happy with Mularkey though, and glad to say I was among those who said Buffalo should not hire Coughlin.

I'll admit it, I would have really liked to see Tom COughlin as the Bills coach. I'm really, really happy he proved to be an idiot in New Jersey instead of Buffalo. What is he doing over there - they were going to the playoffs before he put in Manning - what a disaster.

If the Steelers go 15-1, I think Bill Cowher will be coach of the year.

I think for Schottenheimer to get in the hunt, SD has to beat Indy in two weeks. If they get lit up (as is probably likely), it will cost him votes since the game will be fresh on everyone's mind.

Mora's in the hunt, but ultimately it is difficult to take the NFC seriously.

If the Steelers go 15-1, I think Bill Cowher will be coach of the year.

I think for Schottenheimer to get in the hunt, SD has to beat Indy in two weeks. If they get lit up (as is probably likely), it will cost him votes since the game will be fresh on everyone's mind.

Mora's in the hunt, but ultimately it is difficult to take the NFC seriously.

159386[/snapback]

the best the Steelers will do is 14-2, there coming into the Ralph.

LT will have a big game against the Colts, so I don't see the Chargers getting lit up. Dominick Davis ran up 122 yards against the Colts with a below average O-line.

Who takes MVP and how many syllables in his last name?

159233[/snapback]

Not that is matter at all, but the MVP will have two syllables Mann-ing. :lol:

By the way, I do believe the Irish names will have their day in the sun in the not-so-far-off future. :angry:

He'll probably garner some votes, though it looks like Marty Schot and Jim Mora have the real battle locked up.

159175[/snapback]

100% correct. The only way Marty doesn't win is if the Chargers lose their last three games of the season.