Clements a candidate for another job?

billsburgh

I heard on a pittsburgh radio station that he is being cosidered along with wanny the quitter for the university of pittsburgh job.  let wanny get it so Clements stays

159039[/snapback]

In all seriousness, and with no intended sarcasim, that would be the perfect job for Wannedstedt. I have felt for the last few years that Wannestedt seems like a good guy, in over his head in the pros. He seems like he would be an excellent college coach, and what better place for him than his alma mater? Clements needs to win a Super Bowl first!

In all seriousness, and with no intended sarcasim, that would be the perfect job for Wannedstedt.  I have felt for the last few years that Wannestedt seems like a good guy, in over his head in the pros.  He seems like he would be an excellent college coach, and what better place for him than his alma mater?  Clements needs to win a Super Bowl first!

159051[/snapback]

I always thought Pete Carroll was a terrible NFL Head Coach, but college is sure the right fit for him. Might hold true for Wannedstedt, also...

Not sure Clements would leave Buffalo for the Pitt Panthers. The Bills are starting to look like a team that could be putting together a run of great seasons. His odds of getting a pro head coaching job would be pretty good if that happens. I think ND had a very special appeal to him--Pitt may not.

As for Wanny--I think its a great fit.