Titans promote OL coach, Mike Munchak to head coach

boyst

Different consideration for this year that's been widely reported: there may not be a 2011 season so people like Bud Adams don't want to spend a lot on a head coach that may not have anything to do in September. (Bud Adams may not want to spend a lot anyway.)

Not saying myself that there won't be a season; I have no idea. Just saying.

Edited by Ennjay

Linky

I find it amazing that last year Cowher, Gruden Shannahan, etc were the big names and this year it is no-name after no-name after no-name.

Munchak, and OL to head coach? Just sounds...odd?

Bud Adams publicly acknowledged he was only going to pay $2.5 million for a head coach because of Fisher buyout and other dead money.

I don't even think Gregg Williams would accept that.

Bud Adams publicly acknowledged he was only going to pay $2.5 million for a head coach because of Fisher buyout and other dead money.

I don't even think Gregg Williams would accept that.

It seems like the old AFL guys don't like to pay coaches big bucks.

Linky

I find it amazing that last year Cowher, Gruden Shannahan, etc were the big names and this year it is no-name after no-name after no-name.

Munchak, and OL to head coach? Just sounds...odd?

Very odd. Not too often does a position coach go to head coach in the NFL. I was rooting for Perry "Fool"...as I unfortunately used to refer to him when he was the DC in Buffalo, because his defenses were always so bad... but then I quickly changed my dumb sarcastic opinion of him, when he came in to replace DJ and did what I thought was a miraculous job getting the Bills to finish up 3-4-0 as their interim HC. Fewell showed real passion and excitement during his brief 7 game stint, and I thought he would make a fine head coach if given the chance. I know he interviewed for the Titans, and its' too bad they didn't hire him.

As for Mike Munchak, I didn't even know he was coaching in the NFL. I only remember the guy being a long time OL for the Houston Oilers. It certainly seems like a strange hire after Jeff Fisher gave that organization so many good years.