What was the deal with the turf at Cowboy Stadium?

theesir

I tried looking this up and find no real answer, but it looked like there were two different types/lengths of turf being used. Around midfield it looked longer and then moving toward the endzones it looked short (and a different color).

Did anyone else notice this. Seemed like it would be hell on the players running from one height of grass surface to another.

I tried looking this up and find no real answer, but it looked like there were two different types/lengths of turf being used. Around midfield it looked longer and then moving toward the endzones it looked short (and a different color).

Did anyone else notice this. Seemed like it would be hell on the players running from one height of grass surface to another.

I think that they cut out sections of the old turf and inserted Steelers & Packers logos(EZ) and SB/NFL logos. Why they didn't install a new field is a good question. It looked like a patchwork quilt.

seemed like alot of injuries in what looked like harmless falls to the turf. It really did look all beat up for this billion dollar masterpiece

Except for when all the injured players were shown walking to the Locker room. Then it looked like ESPNzone with all the friggin' big screen TV's back there... pretty cool.

Yea, I don't know what was up with that field but players were obviously having problems with their footing. Its almost like a bitter Jerry Jones wanted a crppy field because his team didn't make it to the show like he planned.

Harmless falls to the turf? Really?

"what looked like"...an important piece that you left out.

I thought the same thing...Woodson's fall didn't appear 'bad' yet he was out of the game with a broken collarbone. Same thing when another player tried to brace his fall, didn't look bad...but they ended up bad.