Does anyone have...

cage

In this day of measuring everything about every sport, I'm kind of surprised that there isn't a definitive benchmark of team by team data analysis? At a basic level, I'd like to see a ranking of every pick over the last 10 years, scaled by round and ultimate result. Each pick could be rated into a set of buckets Multi-year Pro-Bowler, Multi-year starter, Back-up (3+ seasons), Washout. These rankings could be scaled somehow to the round that they were drafted in. There's probably ways to get sophisticated with the their position as well.

When we talk about how well the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots drafts it all seems subjective. There doesn't seem to be a way to scale what the difference is between the best teams and the worst teams... is it 10% or 200%??

If anyone knows of anything, please tell...

Not team by team but there's some interesting data here based on Pro Bowl/All-Pro talent v. draft position.

For example,82% of the OL and 72% of the WR's were selected in the first 48 picks.

Nearly half of the All Pro D-lineman were picked in the top 13.

22% of the LB's were selected in rounds 6/7/UDFA

http://www.draftmetrics.com/

I don't know of any such resource, but I think you can simply the analysis by focusing on the first two rounds. Sure you want to find quality guys later in the draft and maybe get lucky and draft late or get an UDFA that someone no one saw coming, but the critical picks are the first two where there is loads of premium talent available and you have the chance to add building blocks to your team for years to come. Those are the picks teams can not afford to blow, and sadly this is the area over the last ten years where the Bills have repeatedly failed.