great article

dgrid

That was a good one.... I personally think that Dalton will be the Bills second round pick... I think they trade back into the second round to get him.

No way do they trade up and give up a draft pick. No way.

Edited by Rockinon

No way do they trade up and give up a draft pick. No way.

How can you say that? They do it all the time, especially when they have an extra pick in one of the middle rounds. They have Seattle's 4th this year. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they packaged their 3rd and their 4th to move up into the middle of the 2nd round.

2006: Had 2 3rd-rounders. Used 1 plus their #2 to trade up for John McCargo.

2007: Had 2 3rd-rounders. Used 1 plus their #2 to trade up for Paul Posluszny.

2008: Had 2 4th-rounders, used them both.

2009: Had 2 4th-rounders. Used 1 plus their #3 to trade up for Andy Levitre.

2010: No extra picks until 6th round. No trades. Nix publicly admitted they tried to trade back into late 1st round (but not for Tebow).

2011: Have 2 4th-rounders, we'll see what they do. But "no way" is an overstatement.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they packaged their 3rd and their 4th to move up into the middle of the 2nd round.

Maybe. I think 2nd round is where they need to get RT & QB.

But Im hoping for Kelvin Sheppard in 3rd.

Edited by dgrid

I disagree with him (Greg G.). He lists 4-5 success QB's not taken in rnds 1-2 and only 1 has won a SB. Brady. Hassellbeck came close others have not even gone to playoffs (this is omitting Warner since he is retired).

Personally, I think we nerd to draft a franchise QB in round 1 when opportunitytunity presents itself. Being that we are at 3 in 2011 and have a good chance to take the #1 QB ... Buddy will decide if a franchise QB is there and if so will take him and let him learn for a year. If Fitz pulls a miracle and takes us to the playoffs in '11, maybe he sits for two years.

Edited by TDRupp