Bills coaching staff/Senior Bowl practice live

Chandler#81

that sounds like a good plan

miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet and evaluate players face-to-face that the Bills will consider drafting so he can arrange the furniture in his office

gee- what do you think is wrong with this picture?

but then again, the Bills scouting process has ignored the face to face stuff for years - so that makes sense

Come on, have you seen that furniture? It's totally time to modernize. It will take 3+ trips to IKEA to get that place 'stached out. Also, I'm sure Wannstedt is doing the right thing and it's silly to whine about his whereabouts.

Was browsing Youtube last night to see if I could find video that everyone's raving about (Joe D'Alessandris coaching up the OLs pretty hard). I located a few videos of NFL Network footage, but Mayock seemed to be talking all over it. If anyone knows where to find better video, let me know. I'd love to see it.

that sounds like a good plan

miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet and evaluate players face-to-face that the Bills will consider drafting so he can arrange the furniture in his office

gee- what do you think is wrong with this picture?

but then again, the Bills scouting process has ignored the face to face stuff for years - so that makes sense

You do realize the other defensive coaches have them in the rooms AND they're filming every aspect of this for themselves and the rest of the NFL - and I'm not talking about the NFL Network footage, I'm talking about how every team uses the lifts to tape every aspect of their practices?

You do realize the other defensive coaches have them in the rooms AND they're filming every aspect of this for themselves and the rest of the NFL - and I'm not talking about the NFL Network footage, I'm talking about how every team uses the lifts to tape every aspect of their practices?

you do realize that Wannstadt can't interact directly with those prospects from his office in Buffalo to assess their character and temperment in real time situations?

drafting "football" players has been a problem for the last 10 years which is why we end up with with wussies like Maybin and Whitner.

there is no excuse for your top defensive guy to miss these practices so he can watch tape from last year

From what I have seen - and I could be completely wrong - but the North's players and the Cinci coaches are doing a much more agressive job than Chan and his boys. Could be a 4-13 season for the Bills coaching staff. When the North is going full out in pads, the South is going half-speed.

you do realize that Wannstadt can't interact directly with those prospects from his office in Buffalo to assess their character and temperment in real time situations?

drafting "football" players has been a problem for the last 10 years which is why we end up with with wussies like Maybin and Whitner.

there is no excuse for your top defensive guy to miss these practices so he can watch tape from last year

So him being able to talk to them during...

1) The combine

2) Pro Days

3) Visits to the Bills Facility, where he can put them through paces as well

Aren't enough? Just these three days huh? Gotcha.

From the senior bowl.com website:

"One of the several standouts on the South squad has been Tennessee tight end Luke Stocker. Stocker seems to be catching the eye of pro scouts this week and each day continues to get better."

I'm still pushing for this guy.

From espn.go.com...

"Muench’s top performer for the South was Tennessee tight end Luke Stocker, who showed good toughness and was able to wall off blockers. But Muench said catching the ball over the middle was where Stocker made his mark. He made a one-handed catch behind the linebackers and in front of the safeties. He took a big hit, but still held on. Muench likes how physical the 6-foot-5 Stocker is, the way he makes plays in traffic and uses his frame to shield linebackers and generally the way he works over the middle. Muench said Stocker caught everything Tuesday."

Gailey sat in with the hosts on last night's show. I caught the first part when he was talking about his player evaluations and why it's good to coach this game - his basic answer, you can find the intangibles about a player's character & work ethic that you wouldn't normally get to see on the regular scouting sessions.

Unfortunately, I missed the end of the segment when they talked about the Bills, I think. Anyone have a recap?