photo enthusiasts on macs

Pete

Hi, I am into photography and all done with apple products. Would anyone like to buy Aperture 2, Photo Shop elements 6, and I will include and a book on Aperture 2. Best offer gets them. I am going back to PC's, dumping the iphone for the Droid, and dumping ipod for zune or archos! Good riddance Apple. You lost a tech junkie client for life!

Hi, I am into photography and all done with apple products. Would anyone like to buy Aperture 2, Photo Shop elements 6, and I will include and a book on Aperture 2. Best offer gets them. I am going back to PC's, dumping the iphone for the Droid, and dumping ipod for zune or archos! Good riddance Apple. You lost a tech junkie client for life!

Why the departure from Apple?

I have had 4 Ipods, 6 Iphones(3 Apple made me pay full price over $500 each time), and a 27" Imac. My Imac needs a new logic board and power supply. I bought it in 2007. Apple logic boards are over $1000, and the power supplys have been a problem on G5s and cost $85. That is before labor. I called Apple and spoke with a senior manager, and asked if they could subsidize any costs. I explained my loyalty to apple, and that I am purchasing a new phone this next month. He said "I should of bought the extended warranty".

This infuriated me and I stated that Apple should return the loyalty that I have given them. I added that Apple is a company that tries to portray itself as forward looking and green. And that Apple makes it cost prohibitive to make repairs to machines- they make it so it so that it forces you to buy a new Apple product. He said that was true to some degree and used a term something like "older machine obsolecence". I explained how much oil it takes to make a silicon chip and that is shameful if this machine just gets tossed. He said "well on the apple sight there is a part which shows where do drop off your older machines". "Older machines- this if from October 20007". Apple has gotten away from what made them great. !@#$ Apple. I am buying the new Thunderbolt phone next month! It feels good to ween myself off Apple

Oh yeah, anyone want to buy a 27" G5 Imac? I upgraded memory and dropped a 2TB harddrive in it. It needs a power supply and logic board

Edited by Pete

I don't know if the Droid is the way to go. I have had problems with mine and finally, after it became possessed, I couldn't function with it, thus rendering it unusable. I just received my replacement after reporting my other one stolen, and I just made a phone call. When it ended, the screen went black and I couldn't get to the main screen. It stayed like this until I pulled the battery.

Be careful what you ask for. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I have had 4 Ipods, 6 Iphones(3 Apple made me pay full price over $500 each time), and a 27" Imac. My Imac needs a new logic board and power supply. I bought it in 2007. Apple logic boards are over $1000, and the power supplys have been a problem on G5s and cost $85. That is before labor. I called Apple and spoke with a senior manager, and asked if they could subsidize any costs. I explained my loyalty to apple, and that I am purchasing a new phone this next month. He said "I should of bought the extended warranty".

This infuriated me and I stated that Apple should return the loyalty that I have given them. I added that Apple is a company that tries to portray itself as forward looking and green. And that Apple makes it cost prohibitive to make repairs to machines- they make it so it so that it forces you to buy a new Apple product. He said that was true to some degree and used a term something like "older machine obsolecence". I explained how much oil it takes to make a silicon chip and that is shameful if this machine just gets tossed. He said "well on the apple sight there is a part which shows where do drop off your older machines". "Older machines- this if from October 20007". Apple has gotten away from what made them great. !@#$ Apple. I am buying the new Thunderbolt phone next month! It feels good to ween myself off Apple

Oh yeah, anyone want to buy a 27" G5 Imac? I upgraded memory and dropped a 2TB harddrive in it. It needs a power supply and logic board

Got it.

I don't know if the Droid is the way to go. I have had problems with mine and finally, after it became possessed, I couldn't function with it, thus rendering it unusable. I just received my replacement after reporting my other one stolen, and I just made a phone call. When it ended, the screen went black and I couldn't get to the main screen. It stayed like this until I pulled the battery.

Be careful what you ask for. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I've never heard anything negative about Android... And have a few friends who use them. Weird.

I've never heard anything negative about Android... And have a few friends who use them. Weird.

Hahahahahaha. Come on man. Every Droid user I know--even the ones who love it--admit to frequently needing to remove the battery to reboot, freezes, etc.

Edited by Peace

Hahahahahaha. Come on man. Every Droid user I know--even the ones who love it--admit to frequently needing to remove the battery to reboot, freezes, etc.

You talking about the Moto droid or Android phones in general?

I have zero problems with my Galaxy S, besides being slightly disappointed in battery life.

I've had the droid x since september and it has been awesome. I had always planned on getting the iphone on verizon but I'm definitely a droid user now.