eCornell

NoSaint

Just curious to learn if anyone has experience with their programs - eCornell is the online branch of the Cornell institution. I was researching some programs - especially hospitality based - to try and round out my resume. I currently have experience that out paces my job titles, so I would like to try and legitimize that knowledge base when I sit in interviews and have something to back it up.

I was curious if anyone had feedback with them in particular, or just in general with online programs. Also, if there is any feedback on the fact that instead of being masters credit, it would be certificates and credentials. May employer MIGHT be willing to subsidize the costs.

For reference, I have completed an undergrad program in general management and marketing, and currently work in hospitality (2 years experience)and am looking to break through into an upper level management position instead of entry.

Just curious to learn if anyone has experience with their programs - eCornell is the online branch of the Cornell institution. I was researching some programs - especially hospitality based - to try and round out my resume. I currently have experience that out paces my job titles, so I would like to try and legitimize that knowledge base when I sit in interviews and have something to back it up.

I was curious if anyone had feedback with them in particular, or just in general with online programs. Also, if there is any feedback on the fact that instead of being masters credit, it would be certificates and credentials. May employer MIGHT be willing to subsidize the costs.

For reference, I have completed an undergrad program in general management and marketing, and currently work in hospitality (2 years experience)and am looking to break through into an upper level management position instead of entry.

I have no experience with that program, but I'm currently doing a Masters program at Boston University. It's hectic (they take a 14 week semester and cover it all in 7 weeks....), but I'm actually learning more than I thought I would in the online setting. We have multiple lectures every week (recorded, in case you can't attend live), TAs are always available, as is the professor. I'm on my 4th class and aside from one where the professor was a jerk (smart, but a jerk), it's been fantastic.

Hope that helps a little, even if it's not in your field.

I have no experience with that program, but I'm currently doing a Masters program at Boston University. It's hectic (they take a 14 week semester and cover it all in 7 weeks....), but I'm actually learning more than I thought I would in the online setting. We have multiple lectures every week (recorded, in case you can't attend live), TAs are always available, as is the professor. I'm on my 4th class and aside from one where the professor was a jerk (smart, but a jerk), it's been fantastic.

Hope that helps a little, even if it's not in your field.

definitely any feedback helps, ive done distance learning before, but not strictly online, so it is one of my concerns.

definitely any feedback helps, ive done distance learning before, but not strictly online, so it is one of my concerns.

I would research how connected you can get to the school alumni. Take a hard look at job placements and salaries. If you don't get much salary lift and solid access to job opportunities you are spending significant time and money for little benefit.