Marvin Austin DT

Jsi922

When Gailey came here, he wanted to run a 3-4. The 4-3 was a band-aid, when we struggled, due to personnel. I expect that the transition we started with drafting Troup and Carrington will continue

Then you're not paying close attention. In Gailey's season-ending presser he was quite clear that the Bills will not be married to one scheme. He predicted that the team would be a "multiple-front team."

In a recent radio interview, Buddy Nix stated that he was only interested in acquiring the best football players regardless of scheme and then having the coaching staff create schemes to fit the players…not the other way around.

As another Carolina huge fan, I have to agree just about completely with the exception of the possibility of Carter lasting till the second round, NO WAY NO HOW! Carter is a top 15 pick, no doubt. Having said that, Austin as you mentioned was a super hyped player, and I dont believe he ever lived up to expectations. He'd make some really nice plays but for the most part he disappeared.

Maybe you consider him in the second, I'd go as far as the third.

Carter only drops because he's more of a 4-3 OLB, and he's not even on our board as a 3-4 OLB. Not as many teams are 4-3 teams (although 2 more than last year are running it as base), so he drops. We have him as the 5th best OLB behind Mark Herzlich and Mason Foster, and he's 95th overall.

Then you're not paying close attention. In Gailey's season-ending presser he was quite clear that the Bills will not be married to one scheme. He predicted that the team would be a "multiple-front team."

In a recent radio interview, Buddy Nix stated that he was only interested in acquiring the best football players regardless of scheme and then having the coaching staff create schemes to fit the players…not the other way around.

Thanks for the info- didn't see it down here and things are too busy at work to look for it on the web. I really like Cameron Heyward as a 3-4 DE/4-3 DT. I think he is as good as Fairley

Thanks for the info- didn't see it down here and things are too busy at work to look for it on the web. I really like Cameron Heyward as a 3-4 DE/4-3 DT. I think he is as good as Fairley

You're welcome Adam.

Hope I wasn't too brusque.

Heyward is one of the top D-line prospects I haven't watched a lot of yet. I'm sure I'll catch up on him pretty soon.

I remember watching his late Dad toting the rock for the Pitt Panthers (and doing Zest soap commercials) and am curious as to what his son looks like.

You're welcome Adam.

Hope I wasn't too brusque.

Heyward is one of the top D-line prospects I haven't watched a lot of yet. I'm sure I'll catch up on him pretty soon.

I remember watching his late Dad toting the rock for the Pitt Panthers (and doing Zest soap commercials) and am curious as to what his son looks like.

Not sure if you were brusque or not- I am stuck in the office writing press releases for two basketball games, just hours after being told by my doctor that I have a muscle between my shoulderblade and ribs that is partially pulled off the bone....I am a bit out of it! lol

He is a big, athletic guy. Dominated all year and was a beast in the bowl game against Arkansas. His father played like a linebacker- loved watching him with the Saints