Wish List UFA Tyson Clabo RT, Zach Miller TE

freester

Where is the evidence Buffalo will spend in ufa, provided there's a new cba? They haven't signed a free agent to big money in four years and the GM made it known that they'll build almost exclusively through the draft. Furthermore, the three guys signed last year were to either transition to the 34 or a reach to fill a position where someone unexpectedly retired. I just don't see them spending because they have positions of need. It goes against a couple of years of history.

Edited by BillsVet

why is no one mentioning David Harris from the Jets? He should be priority number 1 (Timmons will stay in Pittsburgh, as he has already said money wasent his motivating factor)...meanwhile the Jets cannot afford to keep Harris and their other 15 UFA....so hes a realistic possibility..

David Harris

Any RT, any at all (obviously Clabo would be ideal)

Zach Miller would also be ideal

And then Draft Cam Newton or Nick Fairley/Marcel Dareus...gotta be one of those 3

Oh trust me, I've been saying his name a lot. I agree, he fits an extreme position of need and would potentially have a bigger impact overall on the defense then Woodley.

Where is the evidence Buffalo will spend in ufa, provided there's a new cba? They haven't signed a free agent to big money in four years and the GM made it known that they'll build almost exclusively through the draft. Furthermore, the three guys signed last year were to either transition to the 34 or a reach to fill a position where someone unexpectedly retired. I just don't see them spending because they have positions of need. It goes against a couple of years of history.

Unfortunately this is correct. But Ralph is weird and he might give Buddy the green light, who knows.

a few things to bring us back to reality:

1.) Fairley will be gone at 1 or 2. He is not going to drop to us. Anyone but AJ Green would be good at 3.

2.) Lee Evans will not get you a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. His contract makes him very hard to trade, and no one will take on mediocore production and give up more then a 5th for him.

3.) The bills have spent money in the offseason - just look at the 2nd and 3rd years of the TD era:

2002 - fletcher, eddie robinson, mike hollis, and bledsoe (trade but still cost a lot of $$$) 2003 - Takeo, Lawyer Milloy, sam adams, sam gash, rian lindell, jeff posey

*** ralph has and will spend money, just a matter of a GM with some smarts to get well priced FAs that fill a need.

4.) this team needs help on defense, not offense. Adding Wannstedet could go a long ways in making our D better. Our last dominant D came when we had an AHC that we paid quite well (Dick LeBeau). Adding linebackers is huge. Despite signing Kelsay, not much of that is guaranteed. he is someone we can cut in a year or two once moats is ready to take over. Don't be shocked if Poz is not resigned, we desperately need an ILB who can cover and a SS who can cover. Resigning George Wilson is a start, but a guy like Peterson could be a good fit alongside Jarius.

finally - expect 3-4 signings this year in FA, maybe 1 bigger name like a Zack Miller. But don't expect Woodley or Timmons. Those guys will take less to stay in Pittsburgh. They just need to ask Larry Foote about following the money to Detroit and then coming back to the Steelers. David Harris or David Hawthorne would both be nice, but aren't likely unless we don't bring Poz back, which would be smart....

These guys fill extreme positions of need. The falcons have many ufa and may not be able to resign clabo. Miller is rumored to want out of oakland. Watch Clabo tomorrow. He is exactly what we need on the line big and nasty, tough as nails and high character.

The Problem with free agents and a team with the Bills prospects: The only reason for a player to come to a team like the Bills is if the player is more motivated by cash than by winning. Good players will tend to cluster together on the teams with the best prospects for winning a championship if they are truly motivated by winning. Players that are all about the cash will go to teams who will overpay. I don't expect the Bills to acquire meaningful free agents at this stage of their development.