John Fox to take over in Denver

boyst

I am not saying Williams was better then Fox, or even that Fox should have been our coach - I am saying that Fox is not the coach people thought he was, and evidently some people still think he is more then he is...

Didn't mean for the confusion...

You seem awfully eager to argue with this imaginary person who thinks he is the 2nd coming of Bellichick. If Fox would've been a better choice than Williams, then how exactly were those critics of the Williams hire wrong?

True, the grass is always greener on the other side for the worst franchise in the league the last decade. Just like it is for the LA Clippers, the Washington Generals, and the Bangladesh olympic team.

You may want to do your homework before ranting...

Collins never played for Fox in Carolina. He was drafted by Carolina in 1995, but only played for 3+ years before he was traded to New Orleans, then played for the Giants. Fox was the Giants' DC during the year Collins played for them in the Superbowl, but Fox left the following year to coach Carolina. Collins stayed with the Giants for a few more years before going to Oakland, then to Tennessee.

Fox started losing his stars, which hurt his standing. Delhomme fell off a cliff after the playoff game where he threw 5 INTs against Arizona and was never the same. Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen haven't exactly been Joe Montana, either. They lost Mushin Muhammed as a complement to Steve Smith and they never got anyone to step up to replace him. Their RBs (Williams, Stewart) are constantly injured, and losing Peppers killed their defense. The front office didn't exactly help, either - I can't think of a starter for their defense and the only recognizable name on their team (to me) is Steve Smith.

If Carolina had won even 2-3 more games this year, Fox should have been considered a genius. I don't necessarily blame Fox for their collapse since the players and front office didn't help, but I think Carolina just needed a change and that's why they let him go. Denver is lucky to get him and I expect them to be contending in a year or so...provided Bowlen & Elway have some patience.

It should also be noted that the only person who ran Kerry Collins out of Charlotte was Kerry Collins. The guy started drinking toilet bowl cleaner and alientated his team-mates and the entire city...

It should also be noted that the only person who ran Kerry Collins out of Charlotte was Kerry Collins. The guy started drinking toilet bowl cleaner and alientated his team-mates and the entire city...

I remember those days well. Seeing Kerry walking out of the jail with a cigar in his mouth after getting his DUI. My neighbor has first hand knowledge of what Collins was doing while playing here in Charlotte. To put it gently he was a mess.