Playoff scenarios

KurtGodel77

There are a bunch of teams competing for those two wildcard positions:

Baltimore: they play Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. Assuming they lose those two games, they're done. Their last game of the season is--ugh!-against the same Miami team that failed to help us this week.

Jacksonville: They require just one more loss to be done. With a road game at Green Bay, they might accomplish that goal this coming week. Their other two games are home against Houston, and away against Oakland.

Denver: I'm not sure who has the tiebreaker between us and them. They have five losses so far, and it would be nice if they could work their way up to seven. They are scheduled for a week 17 loss against Indianapolis, assuming that game means something to Indy. Before then, they have road games against Kansas City and Tennessee.

Jets: Those jerks have lost just four games. They're scheduled to lose a week 16 game against New England. But in order to at least break even with us, they'll also have to find a way to lose their home game against Seattle or on the road against St. Louis. I don't know who will have the tiebreaker if we both finish 10-6.

I'd say our biggest threats are Denver and the Jets.

Even though the Ravens have 2 tough games at Pittsburgh & at Indy,

they're the team I'm most concerned with.

Todd Heap came back in a big way today,

and Jamal will probably play the whole game against those 2 teams.

I believe the Jets will lose 2 out of 3 before the Ravens will,

and that it may be the Ravens & Bills standing at the end. <_<

Records notwithstanding, I think these are the 2 best teams in the chase right now.

Agreed that the Ravens are playing better than a lot of other teams in the hunt, but I think their schedule will keep them out.

157739[/snapback]

I think the Broncos are much more dangerous to our playoff hopes than the Ravens. They have only one game left that they "should" lose. And they need to lose two.... unless the Jets lose to Seattle or St. Louis, as well as NE.

The Ravens offense did come to life today, thanks a lot to Todd Heap. I still think that their next two games against the Colts & Steelers on the road is just too much for them to take. Peyton Manning will be going for the TD record on national TV next week, and the Steelers D will destroy the Ravens O.

The Jaguars are at Green Bay next week, and that could be the end of them. If not they still have the Texans and a road trip to Oakland left.

The Broncos are a serious threat. Still, like the Ravens they have 2 back-to-back road games against the Chiefs & Titans, and their finale against the Colts. The way Jake Plummer has played as of late, the Broncos will find it tough to win in those 2 very hostile environments.

The Jets, I believe, have started their tailspin. A HUGE game next week against an equally desperate and rejuvenated Seahawks team, a second meeting against the Patriots, and a road trip to a desperate Rams team, gives the Jets the hardest road to make it.

We need 3 of these teams to fall, I could see it happening. The Broncos are the greatest threat. The Jaguars are not there yet, the Ravens O will do them in, and the Jets will come back to reality.

Now the Bills have to win what is the biggest game they have had in a very long time. Even if the Bengals are demoralised, they will not be an easy team to beat.

The Bills know that every game is a playoff game, and they must play like it.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!