Is anyone else surprised by the lack of interest in Cowher?

It's not a lack of interest in Cowher. His demands are just too high and a little unreasonable. He wants to run the show completely. He want to bring in all of his own people. On the sidelines and in the front office. Most teams either have a GM or want to hire their own, not have Cowher hire one.

It's not a lack of interest in Cowher. His demands are just too high and a little unreasonable. He wants to run the show completely. He want to bring in all of his own people. On the sidelines and in the front office. Most teams either have a GM or want to hire their own, not have Cowher hire one.

This may be true, but it seems contrary to the thought that Cowher wants an established team with a good qb. Most of those teams have a quality front office already and the owner would not want to blow that up. Seems to me he can't can't have it both ways; either blow it up with your own people or move into a quality organization and be part of the team.

This may be true, but it seems contrary to the thought that Cowher wants an established team with a good qb. Most of those teams have a quality front office already and the owner would not want to blow that up. Seems to me he can't can't have it both ways; either blow it up with your own people or move into a quality organization and be part of the team.

Agreed. He can't have it both ways and quite frankly, it's not even possible.

Coaches coach. They belong on the sideline and should just focus on that.

I totally got it! He sent Chan to the Bills so he can find a QB and start building up talent then Cowher will sweep in and win a Superbowl! He is already secretly calling the shots behind the scenes! :thumbsup:

Maybe it has something to do with the three home AFC championships and one Superbowl he lost? When a second year coach can do what he did why pay the money? Cowher didn't build the Steelers nor did he coach their defense. He isn't worth the money. When Raheem Morris can almost get one of the youngest teams in the NFL with a second year QB to the playoffs why pay $10 mil a season?

For the record if I was San Fran I would have hired Gruden instead of Harbaugh. BTW what candidate did San Fran interview to satisfy the Rooney rule? Did firing a black HC count?