Marcell Dareus

1B4IDie

Just saw Dareus get sacks on two consecutive plays…one on a bull rush from the DT position and one from LDE.

He looks like he could play virtually any position on the defensive line, in any scheme.

Can u imagine Kyle Williams and Dareus lined up together, side by side as the interior D-line. Put whoever

you want at each end.

"The Package", Jr. size.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy with that drafttek mock, just as a Sidenote, maybe kendrick in the third, assuming buffalo get an ilb in free agency.

Recap-

1-Dareus

2-Cannon rt

3-tank carder, replaced with kendricks TE

4-Ellis, a 340 NT

4-vinny curry olb

5-brook reed olb

I really don't get too excited about any underclassman - or how a win or loss might place the Bills in position to draft any particular underclassman - unless and until that underclassman actually declares for the 2011 draft.

then dont post until after the declaration due date

:nana:

then dont post until after the declaration due date

:nana:

When it comes to drafting underclassmen, I won't - and I haven't, save for a few about Mallett (and a few about how dumb it is to go crazy over a Stanford red-shirt sophomore QB who's definitely returning to school this Fall).

Some of the biggest wastes of time I've seen are the mock drafts comprised of almost 50% juniors, most of whom will stay in school for their senior seasons.

Why fantasize now, when it'll all be clear after January 15th?

When it comes to drafting underclassmen, I won't - and I haven't, save for a few about Mallett (and a few about how dumb it is to go crazy over a Stanford red-shirt sophomore QB who's definitely returning to school this Fall).

Some of the biggest wastes of time I've seen are the mock drafts comprised of almost 50% juniors, most of whom will stay in school for their senior seasons.

Why fantasize now, when it'll all be clear after January 15th?

Because its better than bitching about mock drafts, which is an even bigger waste of time than the mock drafts?

Because its better than bitching about mock drafts, which is an even bigger waste of time than the mock drafts?

Yes, that's it. Exactly.

The only thing that's even more fun is laughing at loud-mouth Longhorn fans, pointing out how Texas sucks out loud, and taking immense joy in Oklahoma's OUTSTANDING season!!!! :nana:

Don't know about the two so-called 3-4 DEs - Dareus and Bowers. The latter did almost nothing in his bowl game and Dareus doesn't seem to fit the position, too short and sluggish. He is definitely built like Kyle Williams, but is this what you want?

Fairley looks more the part to me, but he may be gone when the Bills pick 9th after their great vitory over the toothless Jets.

Maybe Carimi is the best pick.

Don't know about the two so-called 3-4 DEs - Dareus and Bowers. The latter did almost nothing in his bowl game and Dareus doesn't seem to fit the position, too short and sluggish. He is definitely built like Kyle Williams, but is this what you want?

Fairley looks more the part to me, but he may be gone when the Bills pick 9th after their great vitory over the toothless Jets.

If the worst case scenario is that we get another Kyle Williams, than this would be a dream come true.

Don't know about the two so-called 3-4 DEs - Dareus and Bowers. The latter did almost nothing in his bowl game and Dareus doesn't seem to fit the position, too short and sluggish. He is definitely built like Kyle Williams, but is this what you want?Fairley looks more the part to me, but he may be gone when the Bills pick 9th after their great vitory over the toothless Jets.

Dareus is 6-4, 300 lb, and runs a 4.5 40 yd dash. He is the prototypical 3-4 DE.

Dareus is 6-4, 300 lb, and runs a 4.5 40 yd dash. He is the prototypical 3-4 DE.

The true tale of the tape comes at the combine. I've seen Dareus listed anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4" and from 280-300 and every year at the combine there are surprises when the players are measured.

You can see his body type though.

If Internet Tough Guy is right, then Dareus could effortlessly play 4-3 end as well, a la Reggie White. And he plays inside at tackle too so he's a guy that an inventive coordinator could design schemes around and move around to defeat the offense.

As far as what bananathumb is saying, nothing against Kyle Williams but I think you're way off on this. Dareus has some freakish athletic ability…exactly the kind of ability which separates a top five pick from a fifth round pick.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Yes, that's it. Exactly.

The only thing that's even more fun is laughing at loud-mouth Longhorn fans, pointing out how Texas sucks out loud, and taking immense joy in Oklahoma's OUTSTANDING season!!!! :nana:

lol @ mike leach's crusader calling me loud mouthed

(and dude, I'm a Bills fan, I can handle bad seasons :P )

Edited by BlueFire

The true tale of the tape comes at the combine. I've seen Dareus listed anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4" and from 280-300 and every year at the combine there are surprises when the players are measured.

You can see his body type though.

If Internet Tough Guy is right, then Dareus could effortlessly play 4-3 end as well, a la Reggie White. And he plays inside at tackle too so he's a guy that an inventive coordinator could design schemes around and move around to defeat the offense.

As far as what bananathumb is saying, nothing against Kyle Williams but I think you're way off on this. Dareus has some freakish athletic ability…exactly the kind of ability which separates a top five pick from a fifth round pick.

Looks like about 6'1, 300 to me and that is NOT prototypical 3-4 end size. You call his talent freakish, but I watched him against an average OL and he didn't really do much. If he hits you, you are hit, but there was no playmaking from darius in that bowl game.

Anyway, we already have Williams, Stroud, Edwards, Carrington, Troup, Johnson etc. What we dont have is a great LB, QB or OT. I just don't get the fascination with more fat down linemen with the first pick.

Thanks Astro. What top prospects do we have going in the Penn State-Floriday game?

Does anyone have a link to the top prospects playing in the bowl games with a TV schedule?

I'd like to watch some of these guys this week if possible.

TV schedule

http://www.chiff.com/recreation/sports/bowl-games.htm

Prospects link (not a great link if you look for commentary on players but a good guide of players that are entering the draft, go to prospects by conference)

http://cdsdraft.com/