Da'Quan Bowers

BillsObserver

My co-worker's nephew plays for Clemson so he watches them every week. I asked him about Bowers before the game. I paraphrase but I heard "man among boys, real deal" etc.

I only watched part of the game and also was not that impressed. I expected Kiper's "best defensive player in college football" to be a one man wrecking crew against USF.

I don't care if we draft Bowers or Dareus or Fairley or Captain Twinkletoes. We need production vs. potential with our first pick.

Donte is a favorite whipping boy but at least he started 13 games as a rookie.

I saw some good things, some bad. USF played with an offensive gameplan that was intended to neutralize Clemson's D-line, and it worked for the most part. Screens, quick reads, etc. all made Bowers fairly ineffective in this game but it was not so much a showing of him not being the player he is rated to be. I'll need to watch more tape on him and on some of the other top D-line prospects(not impressed at all with Clayborne though- not the player he was last season imo) but I would still be okay with us taking him at the moment.

I had to run out yesterday and run some errands so I DVR'd the game. Look forward to seeing the rest of it later today.

Dareus looked great against Michigan State today…it got so out of hand in the 2nd half that he and the other first stringers got very few snaps.

But Dareus looked like a beast today.