Looks like Leach landed in College Park,

The Senator

Expectations aren't low. That's why Friedgen got forced out.

I guess it depends on what you call high, or low, expectations. Let's face it, his job won't be in danger in two years if he isn't vying for a National Championship, or playing in major bowl games. If it were, I would call that "high expectations".

Edited by The Dean

I guess it depends on what you call high, or low, expectations. Let's face it, his job won't be in danger in two years if he isn't vying for a National Championship, or playing in major bowl games. If it were, I would call that "high expectations".

With all the national exposure Leach is about to get in the Washington Post, Baltimore Sun, and USA Today (HQ-McLean, VA), I expect that w/in 2 years The Pirate will be replacing Shanahan as Redskins HC, rather than vying for major bowl berths. :pirate:

(But I disagree about the level of expectations in College Park - I think they expect Leach to return the Maryland program to the national prominence of the 1980s, and I'm guessing that's exactly what he'll do.)

With all the national exposure Leach is about to get in the Washington Post, Baltimore Sun, and USA Today (HQ-McLean, VA), I expect that w/in 2 years The Pirate will be replacing Shanahan as Redskins HC

Given the quality of their decisions lately, you just may be right.

You'd think, if it really annoyed him, he'd just do what I did with him long ago - namely, put me on 'ignore'. But no such luck - I guess all the Herring Cove boys have gone South for the winter, and he's just bored 'til they get back. B-)

What kind of man puts someone on "ignore"?

And didn't you tell everybody you were leaving months ago? Turns out your mission was much to important, huh?

What's "Herring Cove"?

I see a national championship in Maryland's near future, and a decade of dominance in the ACC...

Mike Leach Is New Maryland Football Coach, According To Report

While disappointed that the Bills once again missed out on this offensive genius, I look forward to the Terps kicking ass (esp Shalala 'U') and setting new records in the ACC as Leach returns the Maryland program to the glory days of Bobby Ross, Boomer Esiason, and - of course - Frank Reich!

Mike Leach "Likely" To Be Maryland's Next Football Coach

Mike Leach to Maryland? Could this be bad for Arizona?

Leach already calling recruits

Guess you just can't keep a good man down! B-)

I wish you'd get off the fence about this Leech guy. Do you like him or not?

This will be fun. I'm interested to see how this works out for Maryland, and think it could be a good fit.

The question for me is whether Leach will be able to overcome the talent pool being less in Maryland than it was in Texas. In Texas, the lesser recruits are still really good. In Maryland, from the little I know about recruiting, I think it's not quite as good.

If he can steal some good recruits, I think he can accomplish similar things to what he did with tech: A bunch of 9+ winning seasons & shots at BCS bowls. Especially given the state of the ACC.