Quarterbork?

BobbyC81

I was just rewatching the Cleveland game via the NFL Ticket's Short Cuts and after the review of the play where Moats' knocked the ball away from DelHomme, the referee announced "the quarterbork lost possession..." LOL!!

Now throughout Bills' history, we've experienced some quarterdorks but never a quarterbork.

I was just rewatching the Cleveland game via the NFL Ticket's Short Cuts and after the review of the play where Moats' knocked the ball away from DelHomme, the referee announced "the quarterbork lost possession..." LOL!!

Now throughout Bills' history, we've experienced some quarterdorks but never a quarterbork.

Makes sense. Some of the definitions of "bork."

Irreversibly damaged.

"My soundcard is borked"

to have one's character assasinated; as in the treatment by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee of Supreme Court Justice nominee Robert Bork.

"You sure got borked on that deal."

Del Homey is certainly getting borked these days.

As we near the end of the 2010 season, let's take a look at the quarterback moves the Bills didn't make this past offseason:

1. In the 2010 draft, many of us were disappointed when the Bills didn't grab Claussen or Tebow in the 1st round and again passed on Claussen when he was still available in the 2nd round. Still too early to tell, but so far Bradford has been the only rookie ready to start while Claussen has not taken advantage of opportunities he's had to play for Carolina. Tebow hasn't had much opportunities yet.

2. McNabb: I was among those who were disgusted that Washington got him so cheaply and wondered why the Bills didn't pursue him. Well he's had likely his worst NFL season and appears on the outs with the Skins.

3. Jason Campbell: I was on the bandwagon to trade for him as his stats had improved from year-to-year in Washington. He's struggled to hold onto the starting job with Oakland and likely wouldn't be starting now if Gradkowski didn't get injured.

Sure the Bills decision to stick with Edwards as starter didn't work out but I think they have been better off with Fitzpatrick as starter than they may have been with the other alternatives.

I'm glad for the way things have worked out so far. I'd be lying if I said I knew that the Bills quarterbacking would start trending upwards midway through the season.

One of the QBs who was available who might have looked good being coached by Gailey is Troy Smith, who went 3-2 as the 49ers starter, in spite of joining the team just before the regular season.

Although he didn't put up huge numbers, I thought he fared well considering his late start in San Francisco. Also, I saw where players like Ted Ginn and Donte Whitner were coming from when they said Troy was a great leader. Troy Smith plays with bravado, fearlessness, and courage. You could definitely see the Niners players responding to the guy.

I had no interest in the names that were thrown around here in the preseason that the OP mentioned (Marc Bulger is another one) but I was intrigued by Troy Smith.

As we near the end of the 2010 season, let's take a look at the quarterback moves the Bills didn't make this past offseason:

1. In the 2010 draft, many of us were disappointed when the Bills didn't grab Claussen or Tebow in the 1st round and again passed on Claussen when he was still available in the 2nd round. Still too early to tell, but so far Bradford has been the only rookie ready to start while Claussen has not taken advantage of opportunities he's had to play for Carolina. Tebow hasn't had much opportunities yet.

2. McNabb: I was among those who were disgusted that Washington got him so cheaply and wondered why the Bills didn't pursue him. Well he's had likely his worst NFL season and appears on the outs with the Skins.

3. Jason Campbell: I was on the bandwagon to trade for him as his stats had improved from year-to-year in Washington. He's struggled to hold onto the starting job with Oakland and likely wouldn't be starting now if Gradkowski didn't get injured.

Sure the Bills decision to stick with Edwards as starter didn't work out but I think they have been better off with Fitzpatrick as starter than they may have been with the other alternatives.

"I think"? Wow, way to go stepping out on a limb there...LOL

Your perspective wheel may need a little greasing.

Yeeaa, and den dare was da time dat Marty Lyons gotta ruffin' da passer penalty fer givin' Jim Kelly da bizness

:blink:

The other QB you didn't mention who had a significant number of supporters was Colt McCoy, who so far has looked very good in Cleveland.

After an injury hiatus, McCoy re-enters the starting lineup this weekend.

And Tim Tebow will be getting his first career start tomorrow so both these players bear watching.