What Happened to Saturday Games

plenzmd1

The Saturday afternoon games used to really get me in the Christmas spirit. Always enjoyed going out shopping, stopping in for lunch at 12.30 to watch the game somehwere, go out and a little more shopping done, and then back in the bar for a few beers and to watch the end of the earl game and the start of the 4.00Pm game. Spose thats what lots of people did, hense the ratings sucked...

But bring back my Saturday NFL football!!!

Nfl, Made its own network,... They took the saturday games and made them Thursday Night FB.

I know they made them thursda night, but even if they threw us a bone this last week before Christmaa, and hasd a triple header on it would be cool..but guess to man parties etc.

The Saturday afternoon games used to really get me in the Christmas spirit. Always enjoyed going out shopping, stopping in for lunch at 12.30 to watch the game somehwere, go out and a little more shopping done, and then back in the bar for a few beers and to watch the end of the earl game and the start of the 4.00Pm game. Spose thats what lots of people did, hense the ratings sucked...

Great question. I had wondered too!!

and what a pivotal, blockbuster of a game that will be.

I agree BUT you never know about those. Some kind of new NFL record could take place.

I don't know why the NFL isn't having games on Saturdays this year, but college football should be using these Saturdays in December to PLAY-OFF towards their national championship. Check out the articles today on the Division 3 Champions - Wisc. Whitewater. They just finished their second consecutive 15-0 season. Yes, 15 games played by the last two college football teams in Division 3, where they don't even offer those kids scholarships! Yet in major college football, where not only do the players get everything in their lives basically free, they barely even need to go to class, they finish playing their 12 games, then get anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks vacation before playing their 13th and final game of the season.

And it is just soooooo exciting isn't it? Especially for the 3rd through 8th ranked teams, playing in their bowl games to decide....nothing. When they should be playing each other and the number 1 and 2 teams in a "BCS Playoff." Of course later on in the year, they can take breaks from their winter work outs in March to watch the basketball players from their respective schools playing in the NCAA Tournament if they make it, only the most exciting sporting event on television next to a good Super Bowl. But hey, they always have next year right? When they battle only about 300 Division 1 teams for TWO freakin' "playoff spots" right?? :thumbdown::doh: