If The Bills Decide Not To Draft A Quarterback

Bill from NYC

The bills had offers from the Broncos, Eagles, and Vikings. The Broncos wanted Cutler, and offered their first, the 4th pick of the 2nd round, and a 4th round pick. The Eagles wanted Bunkley, but I never heard what they offered. I never heard who the Vikings wanted or what they offered. The best offer offer of the three was the Broncos, which was reported by Peter King after the draft. The bills passed because they thought either the lions would take Whitner at 9 or the ravens at 12. Mortenson reported after the draft that the Lions loved Sims, and would not have taken Whitner. The Ravens would have taken Whitner if Ngata was unavailable. So looking back, they bills could have traded down and still picked Whitner. If this occurred they probably do not trade up, since McCargo probably would have been there in the early stages of round 2. To answer your question, I feel they could trade down if a top qb prospect was on the clock in April. I hope however, that they select a qb if a good one is available.

Use Whitner in your everyday speech. When you overpay for something you won't get any significant use out of, it's called "drafting a Whitner." i.e. My friend chose to buy HDDVDs instead of Blue ray discs, he sure did draft a Whitner.

I'm not convinced the Bills have traded down, in any draft in any round, since 2001. Can't prove it though - anybody remember otherwise? No first-round trades down is one thing, but apparently, we've never fielded offers later in the weekend, either.

The trade down I remember was a trade with the Bucs so they could take OL Kenyatta Walker. Bills picked Nate Clements later, picked up a 2nd rounder. Was that used for Travis Henry perhaps?

On the contrary, I believe there are a few people here who actually do want them to lose.

Maybe, but imo some of the best posters are those who are the most fed up. Ya gotta admit, some of the screen names of the downtrodden fans are just so funny! :D After a loss, there was once a dialogue between posters called, "Tortured Soul" and "Pass the Pipe."