Lee Evans question #1

RealityCheck

I love our progress this year in the passing game, but our reliance on the quick 2 and 3 drop passing attack has exposed what Lee Evans lacks. He is not physical enough to get off the jam, especially when the DB is already aware that Fitz has to get the ball out in a hurry. My question is this, if and when the day comes that our line can provide enough protection for the 5 and 7 step drop plays, will Evans reemerge as a playmaker downfield? When I watch other teams have success with big plays way down the field, the QB seems to have all day.

I am amongst a very few in the Fandom of the Bills that think it"s time to part ways with Mr. Evans . He had ONE really good year and the fans have lifted him to heights of Andre Reed or Eric Moulds & his play has told a different story for a while now !!

I think the Bills would benefit - Especially with the Easley coming back next year & with the emergence of Steve Johnson , David Nelson , Roscoe Parish & others eager to prove them selves His best asset to the team would be another pick in the draft or to trade him for another piece to the Gailey & Nix puzzle that they are assembling right before our eyes .

This isn't the first time i have written a reply about this very subject & it won't be the last ! Every time i do i get the same reply's " we need his veteran presence - If it wasn't for him drawing double coverage Stevie wouldn't be getting open " all's i've got to say is

COME ON MAN open your eyes B-) Bills fans Evans ain't all that !!!! A good # 2 or for depth but he ain't no #1 that's for sure !!!!

Edited by T master

I think yall are nuggin futz. Lee is awesome. I saw time after time this year where he caught the short ball in a crowd. I saw him make sensational sideline catches too.

Lee's fine. Look for weaknesses and things to improve elsewhere, like on the other side of the ball for instance.

All depends on what you want your #1 WR to do. If you want him to stretch the field, get behind safeties, work 1 on 1 with a corner on sideline routes, then Lee will do fine. If you want your #1 WR to go over the middle, Lee is probably not your guy.

Agree with reddog though... somehow I am not all that worried about the WR position.