Defensive help...playoffs

Buftex

Week one of our playoffs. Which one of these defense/special teams unit would you start?

Cleveland (at Buffalo)

Tampa Bay (at Washington)

Seattle (at San Francisco)

I am stumped. I know none of these are great starts, but, there might be some points to be had. The Bills, it seems, have the most potent offense of the three opposition teams, but this could be cancelled out by what is sounding like really nasty weather...right now I am leaning toward Tampa Bay...not because they are so great, but they are solid, and the Redskins seem to have a knack for big mistakes....what do you think?

Cleveland is intriguing to me because the Bills will be starting two new guys in the interior and not only that but their guys that have yet to play those positions in the NFL. Toss in that Fitz does at time throws INTs. I know Tampa Bay's been great at not allowing a lot of points and been good at scoring TDs. McNabb and the Redskins offense hasn't been great at putting up the points the Bills for so they're definitely a safe choice. The Seahawks on the other hand are a sleeper as they started the season strong and struggled off late and of course their first game was against the 49ers granted it was with a Alex Smith at QB but also with Frank Gore at RB. I'm not sure how great that combination of Troy Smith is Westbrook is in comparison. So if your playing it safe go Bucs, if want to gamble take the Browns or if want to maximize point potential the Seahawks might be worth looking at.

Cleveland is intriguing to me because the Bills will be starting two new guys in the interior and not only that but their guys that have yet to play those positions in the NFL. Toss in that Fitz does at time throws INTs. I know Tampa Bay's been great at not allowing a lot of points and been good at scoring TDs. McNabb and the Redskins offense hasn't been great at putting up the points the Bills for so they're definitely a safe choice. The Seahawks on the other hand are a sleeper as they started the season strong and struggled off late and of course their first game was against the 49ers granted it was with a Alex Smith at QB but also with Frank Gore at RB. I'm not sure how great that combination of Troy Smith is Westbrook is in comparison. So if your playing it safe go Bucs, if want to gamble take the Browns or if want to maximize point potential the Seahawks might be worth looking at.

Hmmm....it is hard to know what to make of Seattle...I can tell you though, they haven't really had any good games, fantasy wise, on the road...I am really having a tough time deciding between Cleveland and Tampa Bay...the weather in Buffalo makes that a crap shoot, but, at least recently, the Bills have not been a very good, bad weather team...the Bills fan in me wants to see that change this weekend...but I don't know...

After the Thursday night game, I am in trouble. I had only Jacob Tamme starting from that game...he got 3 points. My opponent had Reggie Wayne (15pts) and Chris Johnson (28 points) so I am already down 40 points...

Let me ask you this, on running backs, my area of greatest weakness. My "stud", always start guy is Matt Forte (up and down year), and I have to start one more outta this bunch:

Fred Jackson vs Cleveland

Marshawn Lynch at San Francisco

Danny Woodhead vs Chicago

Leaning toward Freddy...Lynch had his only good game this past weekend, and Woodhead is coming on, depending on the Pats offensive philosophy that day.

Hmmm....it is hard to know what to make of Seattle...I can tell you though, they haven't really had any good games, fantasy wise, on the road...I am really having a tough time deciding between Cleveland and Tampa Bay...the weather in Buffalo makes that a crap shoot, but, at least recently, the Bills have not been a very good, bad weather team...the Bills fan in me wants to see that change this weekend...but I don't know...

After the Thursday night game, I am in trouble. I had only Jacob Tamme starting from that game...he got 3 points. My opponent had Reggie Wayne (15pts) and Chris Johnson (28 points) so I am already down 40 points...

Let me ask you this, on running backs, my area of greatest weakness. My "stud", always start guy is Matt Forte (up and down year), and I have to start one more outta this bunch:

Fred Jackson vs Cleveland

Marshawn Lynch at San Francisco

Danny Woodhead vs Chicago

Leaning toward Freddy...Lynch had his only good game this past weekend, and Woodhead is coming on, depending on the Pats offensive philosophy that day.

I just heard that Alex Smith is supposed to start at QB for the 49ers this week. In terms of your RBs, Lynch is a hot hand but hasn't done anything else all season. I know as had him as my 4th RB in my keepere league. Of the lot I think Freddy is a good choice since he, outside of Steve Johnson, is the best thing the Bills have on offense this season plus he a is a duel threat in the running and receiving game. Woodhead is a solid player but I think the Bears defense is a lot better then the Browns plus Danny has to compete for balls with Welker and Branch. Toss in the TEs in New England might take balls away from Danny. So again I'd go with Jackson.

Ah well...you roll the dice and sometimes you lose...I went with the Bucs defense, and they got me a measly 5 points. Of course, the Browns and Seahawks D's didn't do all that much better (each had 8 points)...the rest of my team tanked though...I really needed a huge game from someone, and didn't get it...I was scoring lots of points the last 3 or 4 weeks, but today, not so much. Ended up with a mere 66 points. My opponent only has 54, but he still has a fourth quarter to go with the Dallas defense and Jeremy Maclin. And, he still has Eli Manning and Ahmad Bradshaw going tomorrow night, for the Giants...kind of bummed... :cry:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.