Los Angeles Chargers?

richNjoisy

That would be a shame. Hasnt the NFL learned that no team survives in LA? They've tried it numerous times. Just give it up already. I like the Chargers in SD. Keep em there. If there is one team that HAS to move to LA, its the Jags.

First off, that was almost 20 years ago, the dynamic of the NFL has changed so drastically. LA would support a team with ease this day in age.

Plus you know what NFL would rather move the Chargers at this point. From a divisional standpoint, its the easiest move, just rename the Chargers and keep them in the AFC West.

First off, that was almost 20 years ago, the dynamic of the NFL has changed so drastically. LA would support a team with ease this day in age.

Plus you know what NFL would rather move the Chargers at this point. From a divisional standpoint, its the easiest move, just rename the Chargers and keep them in the AFC West.

I dont care if they tried 20 years or 50 years or 5 years ago they've had their chances and they've FAILED.. That city doesnt deserve to have its own football team. Leave the Superchargers be in SD where they belong. I dont know what they're obsession with LA is.

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Better the Chargers then the Bills. Won't give me that What a Shame BS, They won't be saying that about the Bills if we were the team moving. With all the nice wheather in southern calf. i'm sure they will have plenty to do on Sunday. If not, all those Charger fans can fly to Buff and take in a game. We would be more then happy to have them at the Ralph. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd gladly fly to the Ralph to enjoy a game or two a year. I used to a few years ago but dropping thousands of bucks for a team who's owner is happy being bad doesn't do it for me. When the front office actually decides to put a competitive product on the field that may happen. Edit: Meant to says tries to put a competitive product on field. Right now, Ralph is laughing at the lemmings who still watch this filth.

I'd gladly fly to the Ralph to enjoy a game or two a year. I used to a few years ago but dropping thousands of bucks for a team who's owner is happy being bad doesn't do it for me. When the front office actually decides to put a competitive product on the field that may happen. Edit: Meant to says tries to put a competitive product on field. Right now, Ralph is laughing at the lemmings who still watch this filth.

True, but I do fly in 2 or 3 times a year, and I rather have a bad Bills team, then no Bills team.

That's an interesting point --I think SD can support a team it's just the Spanos clan are such a bunch of pricks to the city the people here have had enough.

To the point of flying to see a bad team vs. any team, man I'm not sure that logic holds up anymore after so many years of garbage. Having grown up in WNY, I truly wonder if people would be better off w/o the Bills. I don't think it's a huge economic impact to the region as much as people would think. Frankly, life would go on, and all of us would eventually succumb and enjoy a team who actually re-signs GOOD players and DRAFTS well or heck, gets a first round pick at a 1 for 3 clip vs. 0 for what....6?

I

That's an interesting point --I think SD can support a team it's just the Spanos clan are such a bunch of pricks to the city the people here have had enough.

To the point of flying to see a bad team vs. any team, man I'm not sure that logic holds up anymore after so many years of garbage. Having grown up in WNY, I truly wonder if people would be better off w/o the Bills. I don't think it's a huge economic impact to the region as much as people would think. Frankly, life would go on, and all of us would eventually succumb and enjoy a team who actually re-signs GOOD players and DRAFTS well or heck, gets a first round pick at a 1 for 3 clip vs. 0 for what....6?

I

If LA gets the Chargers, doesn't that just move San Diego to the top of the list for would-be moves for the next owner of the Bills?

Highly doubtful. If San Diego can't support a winning team (like the chargers have been this decade), there's no way they could support a mediocre to bad team (like the Bills have been this past decade). If the Chargers move to LA, all the people out there shut up and are happy, unless they try to draw a second team, as well. I think the Jags will move before the Bills do, and if they do, where would THEY go? Anyone know of any other place trying to draw a football team? And if they go before us, where would the Bills then go? Anyone know of a third place?

I was joking about the flying part, why would any charger fan with no ties to the Bills or buffalo want to fly to see the Bills? All I'm trying to say is a bad day at the ralph is better then no day at all, and if Ralph gets rich more power to him.

If someone is such a huge Charger fan drive to L.A. and see a game. It's not like they are moving to Mars.

PTR

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Better the Chargers then the Bills. Won't give me that What a Shame BS, They won't be saying that about the Bills if we were the team moving. With all the nice wheather in southern calf. i'm sure they will have plenty to do on Sunday. If not, all those Charger fans can fly to Buff and take in a game. We would be more then happy to have them at the Ralph. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a BS attitude to take.

This could very easily be Buffalo leaving to go somewhere too. How would you feel if their fans said "GOOD!!!!!!!" about the move. San Diego is a very good football town. The stadium is crap. They do need a new one, but just like Buffalo, the politians here suck and they screwed everything up to the point of bankruptcy, so no new stadium is coming soon....HOWEVER- One day, once the smoke clears and San Diego is not on the verge of bankruptcy, The NFL will say "You know...San Diego needs a team as it has supported one in the past, and it is the PERFECT superbowl location".

What happens then ? Where will they re-locate the new San Diego team from? What does Buffalo NY look like in 2022? Probably the same as it looks today, which is the same as it looked in 1975 thanks to the politicians, NY state, the unions, inability to think ahead or get anything done. That doesnt bode well does it? Dont take pleasure in other people's losses just because you think it protects the Bils from leaving. The whole thing is BS. If any team should move it Jacksonville, or move Oakland or St Louis back to L.A.

If someone is such a huge Charger fan drive to L.A. and see a game. It's not like they are moving to Mars.

PTR

So I guess you'd be OK with The Bills moving to Toronto then right?

Toronto is actually closer to Buffalo than L.A. is to San Diego.

No big deal, it is the same thing right?

I cant believe that Bills fans have no empathy towards San Diego Chargers fans.

If any fan of a franchise should feel for a good football town like San Diego or Minnesota relocating it should be Bills fans with all the uncertainty and anxiety we have faced.

If San Diego loses their team, one day they'll get one...It is just too nice of a (growing) city not to have one.

You think Buffalo NY gets a team if the Bills ever leave?

Let's hope it doesnt happen so we dont have to find out. In the meantime show some class....

That's a BS attitude to take.

This could very easily be Buffalo leaving to go somewhere too. How would you feel if their fans said "GOOD!!!!!!!" about the move. San Diego is a very good football town. The stadium is crap. They do need a new one, but just like Buffalo, the politians here suck and they screwed everything up to the point of bankruptcy, so no new stadium is coming soon....HOWEVER- One day, once the smoke clears and San Diego is not on the verge of bankruptcy, The NFL will say "You know...San Diego needs a team as it has supported one in the past, and it is the PERFECT superbowl location".

What happens then ? Where will they re-locate the new San Diego team from? What does Buffalo NY look like in 2022? Probably the same as it looks today, which is the same as it looked in 1975 thanks to the politicians, NY state, the unions, inability to think ahead or get anything done. That doesnt bode well does it? Dont take pleasure in other people's losses just because you think it protects the Bils from leaving. The whole thing is BS. If any team should move it Jacksonville, or move Oakland or St Louis back to L.A.

Well if San Diego is such a great football town, they should have no problem saving their team. If it makes you feel better i'll change my view. Better the Chargers, Jacksonville, Oakland, St. Louis then the Bills.

If LA gets the Chargers, doesn't that just move San Diego to the top of the list for would-be moves for the next owner of the Bills?

Not really.

For one thing, San Diego needs a NEW STADIUM to attract the Bills. If the citizens and politicians don't have it in them to get one built for their own Chargers, what makes anyone think they will later do so for the Bills?

Furthermore, having the Chargers remain in the general region probably reduces the urgency to fill the San Diego market, as one can assume a sizable portion of the San Diego fanbase will still remain loyal to the Chargers.

There are also the travel issues and division realignment issues involved with moving the Bills to the West Coast.

Well if San Diego is such a great football town, they should have no problem saving their team. If it makes you feel better i'll change my view. Better the Chargers, Jacksonville, Oakland, St. Louis then the Bills.

That's not it...The simple reason the team is (Maybe) leaving is beacuse the money in LA is huge-some team/some owner was going to jump at it...It just so happens that at this moment San Diego appears to make the most sense: Proximity an dease of move, The owner is 90+ years old and very ill and wants to sell his share before the inheritence tax goes up, and the team needs a new stadium which is not going to happen because the city is a mess financially...Sounds a lot like Buffalo doesnt it? The difference is that Ralph has stayed committed to Buffalo while he is alive. This San Diego thing is not a done deal. If Ralph dies tomorrow, watch out, Buffalo is immediately identified as a team for sale and relocation...

If the Bills were relocated, every radio and tv host in the U.S. would say "Well Buffalo is a dead town, economy is bad, doesnt fit in to the current NFL" etc, and every single Bills fan would be livid because it isnt true. Dont assume that San Diego cant/wont support their team, and "Better them than us"....IF the Bills are able to stay, thank your lucky stars...In the meantime just be classy and happy that the Bills , at the moment, are not on the radar for immediate relocation. People here are concerned and upset about the Chargers potential exit from the market........

Not really.

For one thing, San Diego needs a NEW STADIUM to attract the Bills. If the citizens and politicians don't have it in them to get one built for their own Chargers, what makes anyone think they will later do so for the Bills?

Furthermore, having the Chargers remain in the general region probably reduces the urgency to fill the San Diego market, as one can assume a sizable portion of the San Diego fanbase will still remain loyal to the Chargers.

There are also the travel issues and division realignment issues involved with moving the Bills to the West Coast.

San Diego is a growing city with the best weather in the US. The city has one of the highest employment rates and income levels in the US. The NFL is going to one day want a team here again. It is already a proven commodity. It may be 12-20 years, but once the city gets its act together, there will be a group of money men who will look to relocate a team to San Diego. They will build a stadium downtown, and use it as a mix use facility next to the hugely popular and active convention center and bring in international soccer matches, etc along with football games and superbowls and college bowl games like the Holiday Bowl.

That's not it...The simple reason the team is (Maybe) leaving is beacuse the money in LA is huge-some team/some owner was going to jump at it...It just so happens that at this moment San Diego appears to make the most sense: Proximity an dease of move, The owner is 90+ years old and very ill and wants to sell his share before the inheritence tax goes up, and the team needs a new stadium which is not going to happen because the city is a mess financially...Sounds a lot like Buffalo doesnt it? The difference is that Ralph has stayed committed to Buffalo while he is alive. This San Diego thing is not a done deal. If Ralph dies tomorrow, watch out, Buffalo is immediately identified as a team for sale and relocation...

If the Bills were relocated, every radio and tv host in the U.S. would say "Well Buffalo is a dead town, economy is bad, doesnt fit in to the current NFL" etc, and every single Bills fan would be livid because it isnt true. Dont assume that San Diego cant/wont support their team, and "Better them than us"....IF the Bills are able to stay, thank your lucky stars...In the meantime just be classy and happy that the Bills , at the moment, are not on the radar for immediate relocation. People here are concerned and upset about the Chargers potential exit from the market........

San Diego is a growing city with the best weather in the US. The city has one of the highest employment rates and income levels in the US. The NFL is going to one day want a team here again. It is already a proven commodity. It may be 12-20 years, but once the city gets its act together, there will be a group of money men who will look to relocate a team to San Diego. They will build a stadium downtown, and use it as a mix use facility next to the hugely popular and active convention center and bring in international soccer matches, etc along with football games and superbowls and college bowl games like the Holiday Bowl.

You have my vote for mayor of San Diego.