Now can we all agree that Fitz is not the guy.

Fitzpatrick may not be our franchise quarterback, but you have to admit he has made the games more interesting than we have seen in a few years. He keeps trying now matter what, doesn't hang his head or look like a deer in headlights like some we could mention. Maybe if we had an offensive line who could block and players who could catch or hang onto the ball. Or how about if we had a defense who could stop both the run and the pass in the same game.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing we say or do from behind our keyboards will decide if Fitzpatrick is or is not "the guy"

I have never been invited to any meetings at One Bills Drive, and unless I buy the team, I never will be

Not even Scott Sarama has a say in these matters

Personally, I like Fitzpatrick's attitude and his guts. He also has a very cool beard. I hope he is "the guy"

If he becomes a backup, I hope the Bills still keep him around as our next beloved Frank Reich

Fitz is a likeable guy, a feel good story, and he's a "buffalo kind-a guy". but i dont think he is the long term answer as a franchise QB.

in my ideal world... we draft luck, let him sit a year. play fitz next year as starter while Luck prepares and learns, then in 2012 have an open competition and let Luck (hopefully) win the QB job then allow fitz to be the backup. sounds like a decent plan to me if we end up with the #1 overall pick :blush:

The problem with this wishful thinking is that if we pick Luck, the conventional wisdom starts virtually immediately that a first round pick must start in his first year or he is a bust (and a cw that a top pick or top 5 pick must start immediately or he is a disappointment.

Led by folks like Sully who must produce column inches regardless of consistency and folks like GR who blather to fill air time around commercials there will immediate pressure on the Bills to Todd Collins him into the starting line-up whether he is ready or not.

Even worse having forgone the opportunity to strengthen the OL with the first pick or get a critical defender who helps the QB not to have to play from behind, Luck gets teed off on by the blitz.

Even if the Bills have the discipline to sit Luck to learn for a whole year, he really is the #2 behind Fitzy who is expected to survive 16 games with a rush like Sundays since our #1 pick is doing the needed sitting his first year.

The sad thing is that Luck may well be a once in an eon talent but even if he is he likely ends up a disaster pick for the Bills.